anyone recently off AOS...what time can you get off the ship in St. Thomas

Looking at your signature you're sailing on 1/14. You will have to go through immigration in St. Thomas since you will be visiting St. Maarten the day before. This will take some time. Usually RCCL excursions get to be first in line and then everybody else goes through immigration afterwards. There is very little likelihood of you being off the ship by 8am even if the ship docks early. You might be able to make the 9am ferry, but even that is dependent on how quickly immigration goes.

Everything on AOS follows ship time, which is Eastern Standard time. Also, in St. Thomas everyone must go through customs before leaving the ship. I just pulled out my Cruise Compass from the a July sailing at it says that arrival in St. Thomas was 7am and some tours leave at 8am so you may be ok.

I called RCCL before I left and was told AOS follows EST. Also, after being on the ship I can confirm it follows EST :D

Once again proving that RCCL customer service doesn't know much. AOS sails out of San Juan which is on Atlantic Time not Eastern time, and follows Atlantic time.

Archived