Gottingen St. in Halifax??

The older I get, the more my memory seems to fail me. Can any of you tell me if there is a Gottingen Street in Halifax? or am I remembering it wrong? (I'm not positive of the spelling) I'm actually looking for a Greek restaurant that used to be there and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. If any of you are "oldpharts" like me - think back about 25 maybe 30 years ago.

I know this is just a shot in the dark but some restaurants do have staying power. I'm hoping.

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this. (smile) - Susan

Being from Halifax i'd strongly recommend staying away from Gottingen St....I'm not sure about any Greek resyaurants, but Gottingen St has changed quite a bit in the past 20 years. It's certainly not the safest of places.... But...there is a popular Greek restaurant on Quinpool Rd (probably 15 minutes from pier by car) called Athen's Restaurant.

I too live in Halifax and agree with donutcopy, Gottingen St is not a great place to go to. However, there's a wonderful Greek restaurant called Opa on Argyle Street. I would highly recommend it and you could walk from the pier - maybe 1/2 hour walk. Here's their website: http://www.opataverna.com

Enjoy your visit to our lovely city.

-deb

Archived