Proposing On The Valor!!

C-TOWN BROWNS

Hi everybody, first post; second cruise; first time proposing! We are embarking on a 7-day cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martaan in Oct. I would like to do something really cool for her. I love her!! Any suggestions out there? Does Carnival do anything special? Just wanted to hear (read) some ideas! Thank you in advance for any and all threads!!:D

Hi everybody, first post; second cruise; first time proposing! We are embarking on a 7-day cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martaan in Oct. I would like to do something really cool for her. I love her!! Any suggestions out there? Does Carnival do anything special? Just wanted to hear (read) some ideas! Thank you in advance for any and all threads!!:D

No clue but wanted to offer congratulations or condolences...whatever is appropriate.

You have to ignore some people :rolleyes:

Welcome to CC, and congrats!!! Carnival doesn't do anything special, but you can go online to their bon voyage dept (under "gifts" on carnival.com) and they have flowers you can order, cabin decorations, wine, champagne, chocolates, etc... You could order room service, get sandwiches, fruit, and take a bottle of champagne, tell her you want to have a picnic on deck... so in the evening when everyone is at dinner, when it is quiet, right at sunset, you guys have a little picnic and you can pop the question :D

Good luck!!!!

You can start by getting the cabin decorated, Carnival has some cool options for this. I'm not sure what you are planning, but I think something personal and quiet would be nicer than something public.

Example:

I took my family Ice Skating at Rockafeller Center last year. We had to wait in a long line. While waiting we witnessed a guy proposing to his GF, center ice. How nice I thought.

20 minutes later, there was another proposal, same routine. By the time we made it on the ice, there were no less than 4 proposals and then an additional 3 more while we were skating.

It certainly lost something. If I was number 3 getting proposed to, I would have hoped for something more original and personal. My wife thought the same, and she was all gushy at the first one, by #4 she was ready to hurl.

Something personal, something quiet. If you have a balcony, you could arrange for a meal on the balcony, just you and her, some soft music, and room to kneel.

Just my opinion.

Congratulations!

vincenzo:)

Guest YesitDonna

I proposed to my BF in the piano lounge, out of the blue, on one knee LOL Everyone cheered when he said yes and the ladies loved that I asked HIM! LOL Two days later on board he bought me a blue diamond... he said we had to make it official!

I am confident that you could arrange something special through a dinner at Scarlett's, the high-end on-board restaurant.

I am confident that through the matre 'd (sp?) or head waiter of Scarlett's, you could preorder a bottle of champagne or more for before and after the "special moment"

Soon after you board, ditch her (bathroom excuse or drink excuse), go to atrium and make a reservation for a meal at Scarlett's...tell the person there your plans but you will have to do details later....then run back to future ball & chain claiming "I got lost on this huge ship"

Later, define plans at Scarlett's

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I think I defenitely want to do something private. I arranged for dinner for two one night and the rest of the nights with a group to have more fun. Unfortunately I dont have a outside cabin. We're only 25 and 23 so we arent planning on staying in the room too much. I really like the example given about rockafellar ice skating. Its exactly how we feel about that senerio. I have a feeling she will be expecting this and I am trying to think of a way to make it a surprise. Any suggestions out there to arrange something on one of the 3 ports we will be visiting?? thanks again!

How about the top of the mountain on the skyride in St Maarten?

Has to be a beautiful spot overlooking the island.

Can you scuba dive or snorkel?

Do it underwater, like pretending you found the ring under a rock.

Have a small note the size of a business card laminated (can do it at Kinko's) saying "will you marry me?"

Can't be any more private than that, and the exceitement of not being able to yell or anything would have to just be overwhelming....a never forget thing

Could tie the ring and note together in a small mesh bag, presenting both together.

With note tied to it, less chance of losing anything

How about the top of the mountain on the skyride in St Maarten?

Has to be a beautiful spot overlooking the island.

Can you scuba dive or snorkel?

Do it underwater, like pretending you found the ring under a rock.

Have a small note the size of a business card laminated (can do it at Kinko's) saying "will you marry me?"

Can't be any more private than that, and the exceitement of not being able to yell or anything would have to just be overwhelming....a never forget thing

Could tie the ring and note together in a small mesh bag, presenting both together.

With note tied to it, less chance of losing anything

I thought about that as well. St. Thomas has helmet diving and Snuba. I though Snuba also because you won't beable to talk. Get yourself some oyster shells and put the ring inside.

Awwe this is too sweet! Congrats!

I love the idea of doing it underwater! However, where would you hide the note/ring? You might be better off doing it on land ;)

Hide it in your swin suit, just watch out for sharp edges.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Congrats C-Town Browns!! My Hubby and I just came off of the Valor on Sunday and all week we just keep talking about what a wonderful ship & time we had! We celebrated our 27th Anniversary on Friday in Scarletts and I want to tell you that if your looking for a very classy and private place to propose - that's where I'd recommend-very romantic! Slip your camera to one of the waiters if you want pictures, they would be more then happy to help in any way you want! After our dinner we found one of the photography spots with a back ground that we liked and had one of the best pictures of us taken then. If not Scarletts, the snorkel suggestion is also great - we snorkeled at 3 different spots last week and if that is a special sport you both share and enjoy - it'd be a great story when you get back to the office!

Jean

HEY!!!! WHERE's YOUR REVIEW:D :D ~!!!

Congrats C-Town Browns!! My Hubby and I just came off of the Valor on Sunday and all week we just keep talking about what a wonderful ship & time we had! We celebrated our 27th Anniversary on Friday in Scarletts and I want to tell you that if your looking for a very classy and private place to propose - that's where I'd recommend-very romantic! Slip your camera to one of the waiters if you want pictures, they would be more then happy to help in any way you want! After our dinner we found one of the photography spots with a back ground that we liked and had one of the best pictures of us taken then. If not Scarletts, the snorkel suggestion is also great - we snorkeled at 3 different spots last week and if that is a special sport you both share and enjoy - it'd be a great story when you get back to the office!

Jean

I didnt propose on a cruise ship, but this is what I did..

Me and the DW had our first date at a local Karaoke club... so when it came time to propose. I took her there for a "date".

I put in the song I always sing to her.. (I cross my heart by George Strait) and when my turn came.. I had the ring in my pocket. Started the song and changed one of the verses.. the words I sang were I only want to know one thing.. DGF will you marry me.. then continued the sone as it was written....

So if you sing.. theres an idea.. as they all have Karaoke!

Ha! I was going to suggest karaoke too! Regardless of singing ability. :D Scarlett's also sounds like an awesome idea. Or you could research super fancy places to eat at the ports and pop the question at a great restaurant. I like the snorkeling/underwater proposal, but, were I you, I'd want the ring tied to myself so it absolutely wouldn't get dropped. That makes it a lot more difficult. Ooh you could have it in an oyster shell in your pocket and then when you got out of the water say "Look what I found for you." Better still if you could slip out for a minute while she's still in and write "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" in the sand. heehee

C-town,you've got me all choked up. Ironically,10 years ago,my son, who's e-mail addy was D-town and last name Brown,proposed to his fiancee on a Carnival ship. He was also very young so I sewed the ring into his boxers so as not to lose it. Of course he didn;t remember which ones so she had to help him find it. They started out with a laugh and 3 sons later they still are. I wish the same for you

While on an excursion in Hawaii, someone proposed while we were at a waterfall. The whole bus was clued in that it was going to happen although we did not witness it. They were the last ones back to the bus and he gave us a thumbs up just before getting back on, so they were greeted with a round of applause as they boarded since that let us know that she had accepted. Hope it works out as well for you!

It's so sweet, I just love it!

My only suggestion is to do it the first night on the ship if you can so you both can enjoy the excitement of just getting engaged on your entire trip.

If it were me, I'd love the romantic dinner at the restaurant or even a sunset proposal on the deck.

Archived