Carnival Triumph 03/09/08 ~ Possible CC Group Cruise?

big_duck

There are a tremendous amount of activities for kids (and families) in NOLA duck. I happen to like kids myself.

Yes, there is lots of things for families to do but many we have sailed with before were disappointed that they had little or no time on Bourbon Street because of having their kids with them.

Yes, there is lots of things for families to do but many we have sailed with before were disappointed that they had little or no time on Bourbon Street because of having their kids with them.

I agree B. It's really either/or. Can't do both.

There are a tremendous amount of activities for kids (and families) in NOLA duck. I happen to like kids myself.

I love kids- have one of my own, now grown. Did a lot of family vacations, But I have to admit would never of thought of the Big Easy.

While I agree that NOLA isn't a place I'd bring my kids for a week, I see nothing wrong in a night or two there pre- cruise with a family.

Yeah, if you have kids, you're not likely to be able to get yourself piss-assed drunk on Bourbon Street with the kiddless people in your group, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good time WITH a family. There is plenty to do there with kids. It's historic and it's beautiful and it's FUN. The people of NOLA are great. I did cruise out of NOLA with a (then) 16 and 14 year old. They loved it. Of course my DH and I were not out partying but we figured that one day we'd go back without kids and do that ourselves.

I don't understand the problem here....if some of the group are into partying, why can't they go off and do their thing and let the families go their own way??? Once on the ship it can be the same...you don't have to all be together 100% of the time.

just my thoughts on the issue....:)

It just seems like Duck is being attacked for wanting to cruise out of NOLA with his family...I don't get it. I sense hostility.

While I agree that NOLA isn't a place I'd bring my kids for a week, I see nothing wrong in a night or two there pre- cruise with a family.

Yeah, if you have kids, you're not likely to be able to get yourself piss-assed drunk on Bourbon Street with the kiddless people in your group, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good time WITH a family. There is plenty to do there with kids. It's historic and it's beautiful and it's FUN. The people of NOLA are great. I did cruise out of NOLA with a (then) 16 and 14 year old. They loved it. Of course my DH and I were not out partying but we figured that one day we'd go back without kids and do that ourselves.

I don't understand the problem here....if some of the group are into partying, why can't they go off and do their thing and let the families go their own way??? Once on the ship it can be the same...you don't have to all be together 100% of the time.

just my thoughts on the issue....:)

It just seems like Duck is being attacked for wanting to cruise out of NOLA with his family...I don't get it. I sense hostility.

You sense wrong. No hostilty here. I was simply asking a question because of previous observation that I witnessed first hand on prior group cruise out of Nola.

I was told the Triumph will be doing the 5 day and 7 day cruise our of New Orleans, so you can not count on this cruise being an ever Sunday cruise.

The Fantasy will be doing 5 day cruises. Triumph will be doing 7 days.

Let's not lose sight of what the original question was....The Duck wants to know who would be interested in this cruise. I checked with Pat and since Triumph was our frist ship to cruise on we would be interested in this one cause we would like to cruise on Triumph again. Not to mention the fact that this would break up the winter for those of us not fortunate enoungh to live where the ground stays green year round.

Don many things have to be worked out first but count Pat and I as interested. Talked to Mike and Joyce and they would be interested too. So if my count is right without taking off my shoes that's four of us that would be interested.;)

Oh, I would love to do a cruise critic group cruise out of NO, but I was actually hoping to do one the week of Mardi Gras (February 5, 2008) on the Truimph. That is the only week that I can have off around that time.

Maybe one year we can get one together for Mardi Gras week out of NO! I can't believe it! So close (to happening), but still to far away (wrong time)!

Archived