Norwegian Sun Alaska Review --8/5 Vey Short

DALLIEDOG

Our trip with our 7 year-old 0 grand-daughter was terrific ---room-food-excursions were all great on an unforgettable vacation ---this was our second on the Sun previously twice on the Sky --

Alaska is Beautiful

Fleshing ???? hmmm big word for a cruiser !

No need to go to specialty resturants--if you didn't like any of the food in Seven Seas or Four Seasons or the Garden Cafe etc. you can't be satisfied.

I will probably not live up to expectations, but we were on the Sun in Alaska in 2003. Our favorite was the Seven Seas restaurant. We ate most of our 3 meal a day there. I always had to have the baguettes with the meal. The Bristo had the best chocolate on the ship. There is also a Tapas bar that was neat to try. We did not care for the the buffet.

Call it what you want -we had a great time -if I got specific all the words would be the same -GREAT -from embarkation to leaving the ship on Saturday morning -When 2,000+ people plus a crew of over 900 from 58 countries can make it work each week- why is the world still fighting with one another--I love the ship.

Do you mind fleshing your review out a little bit, namely in the area of Restuarants?

Thanks!

I was on the Sun 7/29/06 to Alaska. We had a fabulous time. I thought it was fun to go to the specialty restaurants a couple nights, but really not necessary. The Seven Seas and Four Seasons were lovely enough. Both seemed to have similiar, if not the same menus. We went to the Italian restaurant and the Teppanyaki. We booked the Steak house, but cancelled because we were satisfied with the "no pay" restaurants and figured we could save a few bucks and always eat at a steakhouse any other time. The specialty restaurants were nice, I'd suggest trying at least one. Just because it's a nice evening, quieter and less busy. The SSeas and FSeasons had wonderful service and delicious food, in my opinion. If you get something bad, send it back and get another! There is so much food on the ship it's not like you are going to go hungry.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Laughed out loud when I read your review. I love it.

There should be a term for something less than "very short". Unless someone posts "Yee-haw!", I think you have the record for shortest review!

I love this place for the variety of reviews. There is always someone trying to break the record for longest review ("and on the third night, DH forgot to put the cap on the toothpaste, the silly goose!"), it's nice to see someone who can sum up their cruise so succinctly.

-MW

Archived