Formal evening women attire & beer

COR

We are taking our first RSSC trip on the Sept 27 Istanbul-Athens sailing. Do any of the women wear evening gowns or are cocktail dresses more the norm on formal night?

As for drinks, my husband is more a beer and wine man than hard liquor. Can he subsitute beer for the hard liquor in the room's mini bar? What about the general cost of beer as opposed to mixed drinks?

Welcome to the boards! There is a pretty even mix of dressy pant suits, cocktail dresses and evening dresses for women. Bring whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

We generally get two bottles of wine for our in-room setup vs. hard liquor. I think the "exchange rate" is a six pack of beer per bottle. I don't know the difference between the cost for a glass of wine vs. a beer in the bars. On our June Voyager cruise, there was no extra charge for ordering a standard cocktail once you're seated in the dining room for dinner. I believe a glass of wine was in the $5.50 to $6.50 range when we were up on the pool deck.

Hope that helps and have a wonderful trip! Cheers, Anne

Thanks for the info Anne. Every little bit helps. We are getting very excited about the trip. By the way, what part of the Jersey Shore are you at? We have friends and family around Wildwood and Cape May.

Claire

Claire - I'm glad the information was helpful to you! We have really enjoyed our times on RSSC and hope you have a wonderful trip.

We're at the northernmost part of the Jersey shore near Sandy Hook. The weather the past three weeks has been just spectacular. Today looks like some much-needed rain. Cheers, Anne

Archived