Hello form the Star

firstimercruiser

Hi everyone,

currently steaming across the the Pacific aboard the Star and just thought I'd say hi. Things are going great, bright blue skies and very flat water. Left Brisbane late yesterday as some of you know, and as a consequence, we will not be going to Noumea. Instead, we will be going staright to Lifou. Also, the days for Champagne Bay and Wala have been reversed. Just thought I'd let you all know, so there's no confusion when you are all checking the cruise cam.

Will write a review when I get home, there's been a couple of little things go wrong, but nothing to spoil the cruise.

The new terminal is ok, can't really make a proper judgement on it at them moment as it hasn't been finished, but embarkation went smoothly. On board within an hour of our arrival.

Take care, talk to you again soon.

Trevor.

I'm not upset about missing Noumea at all, plus, they gave us all a $150 shipboard credit for missing the port.

After some asking around yesterday, I found out why we were late leaving. A combination of things conspired against us, most of it due to the new cruise terminal in Brisbane. Apparently, the loading facilities for goods,etc, has been poorly designed. No large trucks can get around the corner to the loading area to unload, so they had to park away and forklift everything to the ship. I'll tell you more in my review.

Till next time,

Trevor

Hi Trevor! - We watched you leave from the Bulimba side of the river just up from the Cairncross Dry Dock - it was great to see the Pacific Star turn around in the Brisbane River - This allowed us to see the front and back as well as both sides of the Ship - So not knowing who or where you were - we just waved to everyone lol (We hope you waved back?)

Have a good cruise mate - looking forward to reading your review when you get back

Peter & Cheryl

Hi Trevor! - We watched you leave from the Bulimba side of the river just up from the Cairncross Dry Dock - it was great to see the Pacific Star turn around in the Brisbane River - This allowed us to see the front and back as well as both sides of the Ship - So not knowing who or where you were - we just waved to everyone lol (We hope you waved back?)

Have a good cruise mate - looking forward to reading your review when you get back

Peter & Cheryl

If that was the opposite side of the river from the terminal, at the end of a little street, then yes, I was waving to some people there. I was the really tall guy at the back of the ship on the top (Lido) deck. I was also taking some photos, so you would have seen some flashing from me.

Trevor

Hi Trevor, glad to see embarkation went reasonably smooth as we are on the cruise & was wondering how it would all go, I heard Noumea was the one worth missing so I'm glad that was the one you missed, I'd also like to thankyou for all the help & ideas you have given Helen since she stated on the site, it's all been taken in,let us know how things are going as you near the end of cruise. Have a nice cruise & hopefully you dont run late anywhere else.

Rob [helen's other half]

Can't wait for our tern

I'm not upset about missing Noumea at all, plus, they gave us all a $150 shipboard credit for missing the port.

After some asking around yesterday, I found out why we were late leaving. A combination of things conspired against us, most of it due to the new cruise terminal in Brisbane. Apparently, the loading facilities for goods,etc, has been poorly designed. No large trucks can get around the corner to the loading area to unload, so they had to park away and forklift everything to the ship. I'll tell you more in my review.

Till next time,

Trevor

I'd be more than happy to take $150 credit and miss Noumea.

Glad to hear you are having a great time.

How typical is it to have purpose built facility that can't be used properly! Got to be a Queensland construction job!

Kym

Hii Trev, hope you're having a great time. Just read your email that said you're not drinking much......what's that about?:p . Have a few for me. Hope the weather's good too. bet you can't believe you're finally on board.

Karen

Hi everyone,

In Lifou today. Weather is perfect.

Haven't seen any major problems with the ship, yes it is older, but there is continual work going on. The past couple of days, they've been sanding and varnishing the top deck and rails.

Dinner has been excellent and the food wonderful. Haven't had any problems with kids because of the no kids dinner but then again, there aren't a lot of kids on board. There is a good mix of people though from young to old.

Talk to you again soon,

Trevor

If that was the opposite side of the river from the terminal, at the end of a little street, then yes, I was waving to some people there. I was the really tall guy at the back of the ship on the top (Lido) deck. I was also taking some photos, so you would have seen some flashing from me.

Trevor

Hi Trevor!

Yes - that is where we were and it also explains why the wife would not give the Binoculars back (and she did keep asking if Trevor was a big guy lol) - Thanks for all the Flashing Trevor - but you could of just waved?

Peter & Cheryl

Hi Trevor, glad your having a great time. We loved Lifou, the waters are beautiful. Did you do any tours or just go to the beach everyone follows each other to. Glad to hear the food is great. This will be our first time on the Star when we cruise so am looking forward to reading what you have to say about it. (we found on the Sky they were always working and mainttaining it).

Kerri

Archived