brilliance of the seas vs grand princess?

ggrizzy

we will be a group of 40 (including toddlers and seniors) for a family reunion and we want to pick a mediterranean itinerary on board either one of the captioned ships. does any one have any comments for us? we have previously held our reunions on royal caribbean's explorer, enchantment and grandeur and have found them to be very nice ships but now some of us wants to try a different cruise line! but i heard that the 'personal choice' dining option on the princess cruises mite make it difficult for us to dine together every evening - is that true?

any comments will be most helpful!

;)

Actually, PC might work out very well. If some of your group want to spend mealtime together, you can reserve a table for the group in one of the PC dining rooms ahead of time. That way you get flexibility about who sits with whom and when, without being tied to a set mealtime. If you wanted to get together as an entire group, you would have to arrange that beforehand. The key is to do a little planning ahead, and make the request of the maitre d' with enough time to allow him to set things up. You will find that the staff will do their best to make you happy if you work with them.

Alternately, you could all sit in the same general area in traditional, but you would have to arrange that beforehand through your TA and Princess. Your group would probably take up two entire sections.

Some people make PC more complicated than it needs to be. Most of the complaints come from those who want to sit alone during the peak dining hours between 7 PM and 8:30 PM. Check with the people on the Princess board for some very good advice about PC.

Just got back from Brilliance of the Seas (6-12 departure). An absolutely beautiful ship with very friendly and competent staff. We were very impressed. RCCL has been experimenting with 4 dinner seatings. We had 6:30, 7:00, 9:00, and 9:30 I believe. Would this help your dilemma?

• 2 weeks later...

thanx for all the replies - i will look into PC and see if this option will suit our needs.

however, i have one more question regarding the balcony staterooms! is the cat 'BA' balcony cabin on caribe deck smaller than cat D1 cabin on deck 9 of brilliance? i really need a sofa bed coz i will be travelling with 2 toddlers and pullman beds will be useless for me!!

:confused:

Archived