How is Celebrity Summit for Kids?

KELLS

I cannot speak specifically of the Summit, but I can say we were very pleased with the kids club on the Galaxy. Our daughter spent a good deal of time there at HER request.

The 8 yo child would be a "cadet" grouped with others 7 - 9. For the 10 yo "ensigns" are 10 - 12. Ensigns are allowed to check themselves out. The cadets met up at the Fun Factory (kid's club) and the Ensigns met up each day at the Teen Disco.

Days at Sea

Morning Activities run 9 am - 12 Noon

12 Noon - 2 pm is Lunchtime, lunch is not served on days at sea. The parent must pick up the child to take them to lunch, but there is free play time between these hours, so they don't have to stay "away" the entire 2 hours.

Afternoon Activities run 2 pm - 5 pm

"Dinner Party"

There is free play from 5 - 7 pm, for which the child must be signed up in advance. The kids are taken at 6 pm down to the Buffet for dinner. I do not believe there was a charge for this.

Night activities run from 7 pm - 10 pm

10 pm to 1 am there is a slumber party for $6/hour per child.

Days in Port

For parents who book shore excursions through the ship, they are able to make arrangements for their child to attend the kids club before opening at 9 am. I don't know if there is a charge for this.

Morning Activities

Hours the same as above

12 Noon - 2 pm is lunch

Kids signed up in advance will have "free play". Kids will be taken to the buffet lunch for a charge of $6/hour per child.

Afternoon Activities

Hours the same as above

"Dinner Party" is the same as above. HOWEVER, on days in port, there is a charge for this. $6/hour per child

Night activities

Hours the same as above

Slumber Party

same as above

We did the Summit this past January with 2 boys then 13,6. There was not a lot of kids on board so the pretty much put them all together. My younger boy was with around 10 kids from 5-9. He had the best time. Celebrity has you pick them up for lunch but lets them eat dinner in the funfactory if you want. Other than picking him up for lunch, he was usually there until 10 every night! It was great. Out teenager had a harder time making friends as there was only around 8 teens total. When they found each other (most did not want to do a lot of the teen activites) then we never saw him again either. I would not think twice about taking them again. If you any specific questions, just ask!

Archived