Got my Pixtreme Dgonza! But..

KTE

I have a couple of questions:

1. I had heard (and it's true!) that digitals "eat up" batteries quickly. Do you use rechargeables and if so which kind and which charger? (BTW, even though the website - and the box itself! - says AA, it uses AAA).

2. No mater how I hold the camera, if I push any button besides the power button, the battery cover pops open! :eek: Is this just what it does or did I get one w/a faulty cover? (even in the UW housing, I can see the cover slips open a little, but the way the housing fits, at least it doesn't open all the way and I can still take pix). Not an insurmountable problem. I figure I can either tape the cover in place or just always use it in the housing and easier than exchanging it and having the same thing happen.

3. The user manual didn't even mention the housing and once I figured out that the "open" and "lock" icons on it were printed backwards (or at least opposite to what I thought was a picture of "open" & "lock" :p ), I had no problem taking the camera in & out easily, but I heard that applying silicone grease is a good idea. Do I apply it to the "O" ring itself or all around the "seam" of the housing on the outside?

4. I'm still playing w/the settings, etc. Will setting the white balance to "cloudy" mode be best for UW pix?

I appreciate any help that you (or anyone) can provide.

Thanks!

KTE

Archived