Quick help....

Disneycruiser#1

We finally received the go ahead to book. Still not 100% of husbands deployment date but we will get travel insurance.

Questions-I know you all recommended a Category BB bc of the half covered and uncovered balcony's. The only left are on the Rivera Deck which is under the Lido deck and I would think it is loud??

So my TA said for the same price he can get a Cat BD Baja deck cabin 314. Is this a good one? Should we try something else. Is the balcony totally uncovered and smaller?

I have to call my TA back asap so any info would be great and thanks again!!!

Since you mention the Riviera Deck and cabins, I'm assuming you mean the Caribbean Princess. The Baja deck balconies are all covered and are smaller than the Caribe deck balconies. I, for one, prefer the covered balcony and don't mind it being smaller to get the covering. If you can't get Caribe deck, B314 is probably a good choice.

The balcony is about 4' x 9' and will have two chairs and a small table. I believe this is the same balcony size as the cabins on the Riviera deck so all things being equal, I'd go for Baja deck.

For my Caribbean Princess cabin in December, I chose an Aloha deck cabin because I had the same concerns about the noise. But I haven't heard or seen anyone saying that the Riviera deck cabins hear a lot of noise. I just prefer not to be on the top cabin deck. I've done it and had a lot of deck noise that woke me up during the night. (Not a Princess ship.)

We had a BA on the Riviera Deck on the Sun Princess and it was wonderful! It was a very convenient location, and though the balcony was small, we could move the furniture around a little. Those balconies are recessed into the side of the ship so are completely covered, and are the same way on all the decks, I believe. This info only applies to the Sun, Dawn and the new/old Ocean Princess. :)

Archived