I have 3 Hours available

VaBeachcruiser897

I don't know of any "must do" activities near the port. You could tender back to the ship for a nice lunch, and then if you don't need a siesta, tender back to shore and walk around and look in the shops. Or open an off-shore account at one of the many banks.

There are some great snorkeling spots a couple blocks from the tender pier, and within eye-shot of the ships.

The area is called Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto. There are a couple dive shops there where you can rent snorkeling gear if you don't have your own. And they won't mind you using their entry facilities if you have your own stuff. Be aware it is a bit rocky here where you get into and out of the water, and not a sandy beach at all. We like to wear the type of fins that go over water shoes or booties as I don't like walking barefoot over rough rocks.

After you tender in just go to your right (as you face inland with your back to the sea) a bit and you'll see these places. It's about a 5 minute walk, maybe less.

If you search for Eden Rock on this forum, or on google, you'll find more info.

Archived