RCI vs CCL

I'm am about to book a 7 day cruise on a voager class ship any day now and I have only cruised carnival before. I just wanted to ask everyone over here a few questions about RCI and what the major differences are. Whenever a RCI ship is in port it always looks so much more appealing than a CCL one and I know that sounds silly and I certainly don't base my cruise on that but it just makes RCI seem a little more appealing. My real reason for wanting to go on RCI is because I was hoping that for the extra $$ that it weeds out the loud, rude college teens and drunks who party in the halls at all hours. I am not old here and stay out late myself but I don't like being woken up at 3am because of partiers in the hall. RCI also looks like it has many more activities such as the ice skating rink, rock wall, promenade parades amoung other things to keep my kids occupied. So I guess what I am asking is what are the main differences between RCI and CCL. And also when it comes to RCI and CCL do you get what you pay for? Thanks.

Below are two very recent threads on this subject. You might want to check them out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=399192

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=400112

I like you saw an RCI ship sitting in port next to us when I was on the Triumph. Looked so good and I wanted to be on that ship and not the Triumph. Came home and booked it and have not looked back since.:)

Thats funny I was on the Triumph last week and we were with the navigator at all of our ports and I wanted to go on it so bad. I think that we will be booking RCI soon. The problem is that we have been on eastern and Western Caribbean already and don't really want to repeat ports and want to go to bermuda and some southern carribean ports on a Voyager Class Ship. In this area RCI doesn't have that much to offer in the July 2007 date range.

Thats funny I was on the Triumph last week and we were with the navigator at all of our ports and I wanted to go on it so bad. I think that we will be booking RCI soon. The problem is that we have been on eastern and Western Caribbean already and don't really want to repeat ports and want to go to bermuda and some southern carribean ports on a Voyager Class Ship. In this area RCI doesn't have that much to offer in the July 2007 date range.

For July 2007 look at Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ for Bermuda and Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan for the Southern Caribbean. Both are Voyager class.

Archived