Carribe Hilton - San Jaun ?

cruser2

We are thinking about staying for one night pre cruise at the Carribe Hilton Hotel in San Juan. Has anyone experienced this hotel (service, rooms, location to pier). We will be cruising on the AOS on November 26 for southern carribbean. We are not sure of time it would take to travel to pier or if its worth the cost of the room. Any information you could offer would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Stayed at this hotel several times. We got good rates on hotwire. Once there we did upgrade to conciere level for a small amount more. Nice to have evening drinks, snacks, desserts and small breakfast with that level. The grounds are just beautiful and private. Nice 3 tiered pool and swim up bar. If you like to snorkel you can do that right from the beach as well.

We won the Caribe Hilton thru Priceline for 65.00 for our cruise in October. We put in resort area and the price & voila. I blieve that there are only 3 resorts that you have a chance of receiving, the Intercontinental, the Mariott and the Caribe Hilton, We would have been happy with any of these so we had a no lose situation. (for this price I can be happy most nywhere) Go to www.betterbidding.com for more info before you bid.

Stayed at this hotel several times. We got good rates on hotwire. Once there we did upgrade to conciere level for a small amount more. Nice to have evening drinks, snacks, desserts and small breakfast with that level. The grounds are just beautiful and private. Nice 3 tiered pool and swim up bar. If you like to snorkel you can do that right from the beach as well.

I'm booked at this hotel in Oct. and would like to know what the concierge level is. I tried looking on their website but didn't find anything. Thanks for any info.

We stayed there one night pre and post cruise around our AOS cruise in January, 2004. We booked thru AAA and paid > $300.00. The rooms were average, but the setting is beautiful. We are members of Hilton Honors and took advantage of the evening appetizers and drinks both nights. The food offered was very good and did not want dinner after that. We were there for a Sunday and ate their Sunday Brunch. It iwas devine and they have just about anything you can think of, including champaingne. During our last cruise, we stopped in San Juan for a half day and we took a taxi to the hotel for breakfast-expensive when you factor in two $10.00 taxi rides and $40.00 for breakfast, but it we relived a fond memory and the food was just as good.

The pool are is beautiful. Hope you enjoy it.

We stayed there one night pre and post cruise around our AOS cruise in January, 2004. We booked thru AAA and paid > $300.00. The rooms were average, but the setting is beautiful. We are members of Hilton Honors and took advantage of the evening appetizers and drinks both nights. The food offered was very good and did not want dinner after that. We were there for a Sunday and ate their Sunday Brunch. It iwas devine and they have just about anything you can think of, including champaingne. During our last cruise, we stopped in San Juan for a half day and we took a taxi to the hotel for breakfast-expensive when you factor in two $10.00 taxi rides and $40.00 for breakfast, but it we relived a fond memory and the food was just as good.

The pool are is beautiful. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi Cool Cruiser.

We are Hilton Honor members also and we've booked a stay pre-cruise in October using our Hilton Honor points.

I was wondering if you could tell me if ALL HH members qualify for the drinks and appetizers you mentioned? Are there any other perks while we stay there?

Thank you.

Karen

I was wondering if you could tell me if ALL HH members qualify for the drinks and appetizer as you mentioned? Are there any other perks while we stay there?

We have used Priceline to stay at the Caribe Hilton twice, for a two night pre-cruise stay and also a three-night post cruise stay.

My understanding is that there are two seperate HHonors areas. One for higher levels of HHonors members plus those paying for more expensive rooms (includes hard liquor drinks), and then the HHonors area, on the mezannine level. (Our level)

It has been a few years, but on both of these occasions we received a tower room with a great view of the water and down to Old San Juan. We received full HHonors amenities such as the manager's evening reception (wine, sodas, hot appetizers) and the morning continental breakfast.

Photo album is posted here.

gary

We have used Priceline to stay at the Caribe Hilton twice, for a two night pre-cruise stay and also a three-night post cruise stay.

My understanding is that there are two seperate HHonors areas. One for higher levels of HHonors members plus those paying for more expensive rooms (includes hard liquor drinks), and then the HHonors area, on the mezannine level. (Our level)

It has been a few years, but on both of these occasions we received a tower room with a great view of the water and down to Old San Juan. We received full HHonors amenities such as the manager's evening reception (wine, sodas, hot appetizers) and the morning continental breakfast.

Photo album is posted here.

gary

The pictures were excellent. I know we'll love it there. Thanks. Karen

Archived