my dawn review- aug 12-18

dentistmEL

background: I am 27 and my husband is 33 and this was our second cruise on norwegian. the first was on the majesty 2 years ago. this was my 7th cruise in total

i will break up the review into disembarkation/embarkation, food, itinerary(ports), entertainment.

disembarkation/embarkation: we were latitude member so we waited on a special line. we got to the nyc port at around 1140 and were on the ship around 1230 or so. quite easy. the first thing we did was make reservations for all the restaurants we wanted to eat at and then we bought a soda card for $ 40.50 b/c i drink a lot of soda and didn't want to pay for one individually when we went to lunch. disembarkation was also very easy. we had a special disembarkation since we gave money on the ship for the next cruise and with this comes some privileges. one sad note is we lost all our gifts we purchased including our professional pictures. my husband think he might have lost it during the disembarkation process or at the port terminal. we went back the next morning at 7 am and no gift bag was found:(

itinerary: my least favorite part of this trip. I personally felt we had too many sea days. I knew this going in but we went on the ship b/c of the convenience of the nyc port. we were lucky in that we went to the bahamas on monday so we had a larger amount of time than the usual overnight stay. bahamas was okay. we did the stingray tour which we loved and went to senor frogs but the bahamas is definately not my favorite port. great stir up was okay. we got rained out that day so maybe i would have liked it better if it was sunnier. no lounge chairs, only regular beach chairs there. There was also hammocks but the same chair hogs were hammock hogs as well. bermuda was great. went to horseshoe bay beach via bus and then took the ferry to hamilton. very nice day but which it was longer. the rest of the days were sea days. i think one more port would have been great on this itinerary. and yes, there are a lot of chair hogs on the sea days.

continue in the next post...

entertainment/ship: the ship was gorgeous. we were on the 11th floor inside cabin. the main atrium was beautiful. the entertainment was incredible with the exception of the comedian. i thought he was aweful and did not even bother to go to the last night show as he performed again. but every other show including bollywood, comedian troup, magician were excellent!! some really talented people performed. the activites at night were also very good. we went to karoke, newlywed show,quest,etc. do not miss quest- the best all week and bring tons of film. oh, and try to sit in the front. you will find out why if you go:) so great:) the cruise director, jimmy kovel and assistant ingrid were excellent. probably the best team i have seen on all my cruises.

food/service: the service was impeccable. we tipped mostly all nights b/c of this. in fact, service was great everywhere around the ship including housekeeping,bartenders,etc. now, the food-- i have one word,superb!!! I have been known to be a picky eater and the food is great on this ship. we ate at teppanki, lebistro, sushi restaurant( 10 dollars all you can eat), bamboo, and the main dining rooms. all great but my favorite and not to be missed is lebistro. please try this restaurant- it is 100% worth the 15 dollar charge.

extra: i used the gym almost everyday and it was open 24 hours. facility was great. i also got a hot stone massage( you get a 15% discount on port day with latitude status). spa was great including the extra meditation room,hot tub, sauna, steam room,etc. you have to pay 15 dollars if you want to do this or comes free with spa tx.

overall, i did not like the itinerary and did not like the chair hogs. i knew about the chair hogs so i was prepped for it. i also hated that there was so much smoking:( but it was was a great cruise and i look forward to cruising with NCL on the Jewel to Europe next August. I booked it the day we got back. any questions, please feel free to ask. hope this review helps:)

one sad note is we lost all our gifts we purchased including our professional pictures. my husband think he might have lost it during the disembarkation process or at the port terminal. we went back the next morning at 7 am and no gift bag was found:(

Trans-Ocean Photos, Inc.

Tel: 845-727-0001

Call and I'll see what I can do to retrieve the pictures......

So sorry to read about the lost of your items. Hope you at least get your pictures back.

Chairs hogs sems to be growing. GSC you have to get there fairly early to get a lounger. I always go to the quick beach I like it on that side.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review

Archived