Who makes an underwater disposable camera with a FLASH???

dixiegirl

I am going to take the Belize Cave Tubing excursion and they recommend you use a camera with a flash while inside the caves.

Does anyone know if they make disposable underwater camera with a flash??? If so, who and where can you buy them?

It is HARD to find them with a flash. The two mentioned above do not have a flash. I found mine at Ritz Camera Store in our mall. It is called a Shark Diver and it is yellow. It is considered refillable, but you have to find a special kind of film cartridge for it. It was $20 for 27 shots. We used it in the caves in Belize and it was okay...not great. The caves are very dark and the flash distance was not very good. You could also check with a local dive shop. Sometimes they have them.

Hope that helps.

KAren

Do you really get that wet to where a regular (non-waterproof) camera would get ruined? I'm considering doing the cave tubing during my Valor cruise, and need to know so I can decide whether or not to buy a disposable camera. Thanks!

Debbie,

I accidentally dropped my camera in the water while tubing. I just wouldn't risk a non-waterproof camera.

That being said, I managed to find a reusable waterproof camera (to 10 ft, all I needed!) with a flash on clearance at Target for only $10. However, the caves were so dark, none of the pictures I took while completely in the cave came out. The only time the flash ended up coming in handy were when there was some sort of natural light available - the flash was just used as a boost, but didn't do any good as the only source of light. Our guide's spotlight didn't help any, either.

I found a water proof camera at walmart for under 5 bucks. go to www.walmart.com and search for disposable cameras. I'm going to take at least two on our trip for when we go on shore and then our regular camera to take pictures on the ship.

Archived