Lunch after boarding?

mystte

Just spoke to P&O and they mentioned there is no lunch served on board on day of sailing but that you could purchase pies etc. I was under the impression that you could get a lunch when you board otherwise what a long wait until 2nd sitting. Would need to go ou for lunch prior to boarding:confused:

Can anyone help

Luci

That was my impression Luci too when I read one of the posts on this site. I believe it was on the Pacific Star since you had to board so early for the early departure. Be interested to hear what the answer is.

Kerri

there is a little kiosk at the terminal where you can buy coffee, drinks and chips. not sure about what else they sell as i didnt go.

Our ship was delayed for checkin due to karmac's lot!!:D :D

maybe take a bottle of water with you

Funny I was reading a post from earlier this year from Breathless4 on March 30th Pacific Sun N609 and she states - straight on the boat and your holiday starts. Lunch is on the Lido deck, breadrolls with fillings, fruit, coffee all laid out and delicious.

I wonder if P&O would rather not advertise this so everyone is not starving when they get on board and "hoe" into the food, that it's there just for the few that may not have had lunch and for the others to tie them over until dinner time - that can be a long wait.:confused:

The review about lunch from Breathless4 sounds about right. We had all those things.

We was suppose to sail at 4pm but we didn't sail until around 5pm. We was never told why we sailed late.

Lunch is there as soon as you get on board.

We was suppose to sail at 4pm but we didn't sail until around 5pm. We was never told why we sailed late.

Did it say 4pm on your ticket? According to the P&O brochure the Sun always leaves at 5pm.

Karen

Definately departs at 4.00pm - just went to retrieve and have ticket right in front of me.

Embark 1.00pm Darling Harbour 8.

30 August next week!!!

Wednesday.... 5 more sleeps....:D

Need to pack:(

Luci:)

Definately departs at 4.00pm - just went to retrieve and have ticket right in front of me.

Embark 1.00pm Darling Harbour 8.

30 August next week!!!

Wednesday.... 5 more sleeps....:D

Need to pack:(

Luci:)

Don't be surprised if you don't leave til 5pm Luci. I have a feeling our tickets said 4pm as well. Maybe they do this to make sure people are there on time (like who would be late for a cruise:eek: ). Whenever I watch her leave on the cam it's 5pm, & the brochure & the Sydney ports website always say 5pm. Doesn't matter anyway. You'll be on board in holiday mode regardless.

Karen

Karmac you just jogged my memory about pacific sun in june when you mentioned "who would be late for a cruise". A married couple from Adelaide who were booked on our cruise FORGOT the were going on a cruise! They were just sitting home when the realisation hit them. They missed half the cruise picked it up at Vila

Karmac you just jogged my memory about pacific sun in june when you mentioned "who would be late for a cruise". A married couple from Adelaide who were booked on our cruise FORGOT the were going on a cruise! They were just sitting home when the realisation hit them. They missed half the cruise picked it up at Vila

You find it really hard to believe that somebody could do that don't you? Must be one of these couple that cruises half a dozen times every year and it's just another day out to them. I was counting down the hours from the day I booked it 17 months earlier. Doing the same for the next one:)

Karen

Wow that would hurt realizing you had missed your cruise:(

I really don't mind what time we leave, within reason, I just want to board and settle as quickly as possible!

I leave on Monday and my head is spinning - trying to organize holiday to Hobart at end of year over these last few days - I need a holiday NOW!!!!

Our tickets said 4pm. We was confused about the sailing time because between the cruise personalizer, the cruise brochure and the P&O website, we had both a 4pm and 5pm sailing time. When we got our tickets, we believed 4pm was correct.

We was glad we left at 5pm. You get to see the sunset as you sail out of Sydney. We wouldn't of had that if we had sailed at 4pm.

Archived