Sun evacuating passenger to Vila

maf101

There was some kind of accident on the island (Yasawa) this afternoon. My sisters witnessed a passenger been carried onto a tender in an Island made cane like stretcher. Some passengers complained because no-one else was allowed on this tender. Other passengers in the water attempted to hold the narrow pontoon steady but it still swayed a lot.

The Captain during dinner made a ship wide announcement (including to the cabins) that a passenger has fallen ill and requires evacuation. The ship will now travel at full speed and will arrive in Vila a day early. We should arrive tomorrow afternoon or early evening. We can not dock in Vila because there is a cargo ship birthed there. We will enter the harbour and evacuate the person by tender. Once we recover the tender we will head back out to sea. We will then visit Vila as scheduled on Friday.

I don't know if the person carried off the island is the same person we are evacuating. I hope whoever it is will be okay.

There was some kind of accident on the island (Yasawa) this afternoon. My sisters witnessed a passenger been carried onto a tender in an Island made cane like stretcher. Some passengers complained because no-one else was allowed on this tender. Other passengers in the water attempted to hold the narrow pontoon steady but it still swayed a lot.

The Captain during dinner made a ship wide announcement (including to the cabins) that a passenger has fallen ill and requires evacuation. The ship will now travel at full speed and will arrive in Vila a day early. We should arrive tomorrow afternoon or early evening. We can not dock in Vila because there is a cargo ship birthed there. We will enter the harbour and evacuate the person by tender. Once we recover the tender we will head back out to sea. We will then visit Vila as scheduled on Friday.

I don't know if the person carried off the island is the same person we are evacuating. I hope whoever it is will be okay.

That's not good for the passenger who got injured. Typical that there were passengers complaining about not being allowed on the tender.

What did you think of Yasawa?? Isn't it beautiful???

Kym

I was on the Sun a few weeks ago and also had to drop off a passenger at Vila, only it wasnt one of our stops, so in between mystery island and wala (i think?) we made a stop at about 2am. No one knew what happened, there were a few different variations about what happened.

Poor person, hope they will be ok. It was good that the captain said what was going on. Will you miss a port now?

Looking at the iteninary they are at sea all day tomorrow, so looks like they'll just detour into port, drop off the passenger, head back out to sea for the evening and then back into Vila on Friday for they day there.

The Captain announced this morning that the ill passenger has

improved overnight. We have slowed down speed and we will be in Vila on Friday. We no longer need to evacuate them today.

There is a rumor that one person has died on this cruise, one person broke their leg on Yasawa and there is the ill passenger whom the captain told us about.

Yasawa was wonderful. I will never forget it. I might try and post a couple of pictures.

Ahhh the memories :) Such a beautiful place! And the tide looks further in than it was when we arrived there.

Loved the photos! And wish we'd had those tenders on Star instead of the floating sauna's that we had to use.

There is a rumor that one person has died on this cruise, one person broke their leg on Yasawa and there is the ill passenger whom the captain told us about.

ahhh wonderful rumors. gives everyone something to talk about at the dinner table, doesnt it?

hope you are enjoying your cruise. i really like the underwater one. now im jealous that i have to use the floating sauna's on my cruise when we stop at the whitsundays :(

take care,

sam

Archived