Future Cruise Sales Onboard

vanillasky

$100 per FCC, yes you use that as your deposit for your next cruise, yes you get OBC based on the type of room/length of cruise booked and no, you don't have to pick a cruise right then and there. You can just have it 'in the bank' so to speak.

You can even do it just by dropping off an authorization slip in the box on the desk and ask for a ghost booking (no specific cruise). You have to do this while on the ship, not after you get home and change your mind. You can book as many as you want, you have 4 years to use them up and one little known fact, you can book a future cruise with ONE FCC and the second person in the cabin also gets the same OBC, although they will have to pay the regular deposit for their booking (unless they want to also use their FCC). But they don't HAVE to.

And, if you booked the cruise you're on through a TA with whom you have an ongoing relationship, she/he get the booking for your next cruise, so you don't feel like you're cutting out someone you work with on a regular basis for your travel needs.

Not to beat a dead horse, but my partner is in high-end retail and we just found the consultant on the Island to be ... well .... lackluster. (All I could think of is, what fun, your clientele is a captive audience each of whom WANT to go on another cruise. Like shooting fish in a barrel!) She wasn't necessarily rude ... but she got pretty close. Having worked on a ship and being interested in ships' lineage, I asked her a question about P & O and she basically snapped at me that P & O is a totally separate company (which, of course, I already knew) and that it has no relation to Princess (well, it does have a relation, and many of Princess' ships go there to die). Needless to say, we were not impressed with her, but we like the Princess product as a whole.

Good points... You would have love ships and geography... on top of having a good personality to be an all around FCC.

Archived