Finally found an inxpensive ride into NYC from North Jersey!

vincenzo0506

We are afamily of 6 and I have been searching for an inespensive way to get everyone, including our luggage from Bergen County(Fair Lawn, NJ) to the Passanger Dock.

Evertime I called for prices, it was a painful experience. I know I can drive in and park for $180. But I really don't want to leave the van in NYC for 8 days, even in a patroled environment.

The lowest prices I had was $130+tax+tolls+gratuity. I was looking at over $300!!

I finally found a company, right in Fair Lawn that was CHEAP! $84+tolls+gratuity for a 6 passanger Limo each way.

Finally, one headache gone!

vincenzo:)

vincenzo0506 - Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'd check on that limo. While it may be a 6 passenger limo, if you have anywhere near the luggage I will be taking, it isn't going to fit in a limo. I know the stress

you are under, as I had to pay $80+toll+tip from NYC to Bayonne, NJ (just 11 miles across the river) then $98+toll+tip from Bayonne to JFK, but I opted for a mini-van because of the luggage. I have a huge suitcase+small suitcase + carry-on and my traveling companion will have the same, so that's six suitcases. Just don't see that fitting in a limo. I was getting quotes of $210 to $450 each way. I about had a heart attack. I told them I didn't want to buy the cab, I only wanted to ride in it. We are two older ladies and didn't want to try doing the train/subway/shuttle thing with all of our luggage. I was pretty please with the one I found at about $210 for the whole round trip. But then someone else posted on these boards and said Carmel (Sp?) Limo was only $65+toll+tip from Manhattan to Bayonne. I could change, but I think it would only save me about $20, and don't know if that was for a car or a van, so not going to bother. At any rate, good luck, I hope it all works out for you.:eek:

vincenzo0506 - Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'd check on that limo. While it may be a 6 passenger limo, if you have anywhere near the luggage I will be taking, it isn't going to fit in a limo. I know the stress

you are under, as I had to pay $80+toll+tip from NYC to Bayonne, NJ (just 11 miles across the river) then $98+toll+tip from Bayonne to JFK, but I opted for a mini-van because of the luggage. I have a huge suitcase+small suitcase + carry-on and my traveling companion will have the same, so that's six suitcases. Just don't see that fitting in a limo. I was getting quotes of $210 to $450 each way. I about had a heart attack. I told them I didn't want to buy the cab, I only wanted to ride in it. We are two older ladies and didn't want to try doing the train/subway/shuttle thing with all of our luggage. I was pretty please with the one I found at about $210 for the whole round trip. But then someone else posted on these boards and said Carmel (Sp?) Limo was only $65+toll+tip from Manhattan to Bayonne. I could change, but I think it would only save me about $20, and don't know if that was for a car or a van, so not going to bother. At any rate, good luck, I hope it all works out for you.:eek:

They limited us to 6 bags, which is more than enough, and if it doesn't fit in the trunk, then we use bungie cords to hold down the lid.

no worries.

vincenzo:)

Archived