Alittle nervous about booking Family Oceanview Stateroom on Rhapsody

mrstay

Here is my problem. Right now I have a aft corner D1 booked on Rhapsody. I have a grandparent that wants to join us. That would make a total of 5 persons. I have no problem giving up the balcony for the grandparent to come, but....

My concern is what if the grandparent decides to cancel before final payment, would I get bumped into another style cabin since we would be down to 4 persons. I know that I can call RCCI and ask, here have been my answers - 2 said no problem they would leave me, the other 2 said you would have to move. I noticed that the October and November sailings for this year have opened up to 4 or less for the same style cabin.

Anyone have any experience on this happening on a Royal Family Suite or a Family Oceanview Stateroom, where 5 are required?

I am nervous about making the reservation, holding it for a year, and then the grandparent backing out and then getting the pick of the "litter" at the end as to what is left.

Thanks

If everyone has cruise insurance wouldn't that solve the problem? If gp cancels and is paid up, wouldn't that just give you extra room in your cabin? I am not sure myself. Perhaps the cruise insurance people could speak to that part of the equasion.

This question has come up several times before. I believe that if you don't want to be moved to a smaller cabin, you would still have to pay for the 5th person, whether they go or not as the family suites have a 5 person minimum. We have the RFS suite booked on Radiance with only 4 poeple, and are paying for 5. But I wanted two bedrooms, two baths, and a larger balcony. So I guess it is up to you, I would go for the larger cabin, and have your Grandparent pay the fare and let them know it is not refundable if they decide not to go. Or, maybe you could book a cheaper interior cabin close to your balcony cabin, and then you wouldn't be out if they cancel. Just some ideas:)

Wow We are planning a Rhapsody cruise next year i did'nt know 5 to a room was allowed. how do you get the pricing for this? on-line it only allows me to enter 4 persons to a room? Just curious it may be cheaper for us to get one big room instead of 2.

Thanks

You have to call RCCL and get them to book it for you. The only cabins available for 5 or 6 is Royal Family Suite and the Family Oceanview Stateroom. It is cheaper for us to get the Family Oceanview Room than two oceanview cabins.

Archived