Shore excursions - tenders

dansu

We are on CCL Legend's Exotic Western Caribbean, travelling in January 2007. I have been lead to believe that the private beach shore excursion leaves by tender directly from the ship, and you are then returned a few hours later to the ship. Is this accurate, and if so will there be time, and a tender to take us into the port, to view the local culture...shop...whatever?

I already have...it's now there twice. I am hoping they won't move it again, as this thread has greater exposure, and therefore hopefuly someone will respond before I pay for the excursion. I really want to see more than an oceanview in Central America, my hubby loves the beach...and I want beach and the culture...besides how long can a girl be expected to go without a doing a little shopping?

dansu, I answered your question on one of the other threads you asked it on. If you are having trouble finding a post that has been moved, you can always click on your own username and find all threads started by yourself or all posts you've posted in. Hope this helps. :)

I already have...it's now there twice. I am hoping they won't move it again, as this thread has greater exposure, and therefore hopefuly someone will respond before I pay for the excursion.

The ports of call boards are there for a reason. Posting over and over again will not help your cause but only bog down this board and cause multiple copies of your question when the threads are moved in accordance to message board guidelines. :( Someone had already answered you on the one that was moved.

If you are talking about Belize. We were picked up right at the ship for our excursion then brought back to the ship afterwards. We did have time to go into Belize, but chose to stay on board the ship and relax after snorkeling all morning.

Hope this is the answer you are looking for!

If you are talking about Belize. We were picked up right at the ship for our excursion then brought back to the ship afterwards. We did have time to go into Belize, but chose to stay on board the ship and relax after snorkeling all morning.

Hope this is the answer you are looking for!

Thank you Momofzeke I did see your post earlier, but I still needed to have my going ashore question answered....

and thank you Vidimom...this is the answer I was looking for...whether we had time to go ashore or not. :)

You are welcome! We did Sargent Cay's snorkel adventure. We loved the company that did it and they were very professional if you are interested in snorkeling. They took us to their dive ship and fitted us with our equipment (some of the best we have ever used) and we headed out for snorkeling. It was rough seas, but they put us in groups of 4 (our family filled that) and we each had our own guide to help us if needed. Afterwards, we went back to the dive shop and changed (restrooms, snack bar with beer, etc) they took us through the groves looking for manatees which we didn't see any this trip, but it was a nice cruise back to the ship. We left around 8:30 and got back to the ship by 12pm if I remember correctly but we were exhausted and just relaxed in the afternoon. They had tenders running constantly going into Belize if you wanted to go.

Archived