Carnival bathrooms...how bad do they smell?

dansu

I have seen several posts referencing Carnival bathrooms, and the necessity to bring an air freshener from home, as they smell. Is this because they don't not have fans installed, or do carnival bathrooms really smell...if so how bad? :confused:

In all our Carnival cruises, we have never had a problem with the bathroom.

However, I do carry Renuzit Solid Air with us just in case. Anything you deal with a different kind of sewer unit (motorhomes, cabin cruisers, and yes, large cruise ships) there is a chance of an odor.

On 2 different cruiseships, we have noticed the occasional odor by a stairwell.

I have seen several posts referencing Carnival bathrooms, and the necessity to bring an air freshener from home, as they smell. Is this because they don't not have fans installed, or do carnival bathrooms really smell...if so how bad? :confused:

Gee I don't remember if they had a fan or not.

If you know who your traveling with really well than I would leave it up to you to decide if you should bring a spray or not.

And hey my $$$t don't stink ;) !!!

No there were no fans. I brought a solid air freshener for the cabin just in case of smoke smell which I didn't have. . I also had a small can of Ozium on hand that came in handy. I never really noticed any smells other than when it was used, just like home. :o We had a rule that the Ozium was to be used everytime the bathroom was.:)

I had a cat 12 on the Triumph. The bathroom was bad and down where they sold the pictures it was bad on sea days. The water just diden't want to go down in the shower, it took 20 min between showers. The hot tub in my room rust came out of. You would never think that for a penthouse room.

I said this in an earlier post. Any "potty" that connects to a kazillion miles of plumbing in a very small space like the ship you're on is probably going to give off SOME odor. Just close that lid and if you're REALLY concerned, bring along a bottle of air freshner.:)

If your Dh is anything like mine....Do us all a favor and bring freshener.........:eek:

I've never had any odors on my CCL cruises but did on an RCI cruise one. Honestly, it was very faint and not lingering.....nothing to really complain about nor did it ruin my cruise;) But we have an RV and we are used to sometimes getting an odor from the tanks and I believe a ship's septic system is somewhat similar. Perhaps when they are cleaning the system or adding chemicals it can cause an odor??:confused: I dunno...

Don't worry about it!:)

When we were on the Liberty there was a slight odor coming from the toilet. If we kept the lid shut it wasn't that bad. On some of the older ships you can smell it in the public restrooms. Afterall there is how many people on these ships? You are bound to smell odor from time to time.

I do have to comment that the bathrooms by the pool area on sea days are pretty trashed. Come on you women out there, clean up after yourselves:cool:

The ships are kept clean as are your bathrooms.....

Speak for yourself. The ship's facilities are kept waaaaay cleaner than my bathroom! :o

I've never had a problem with smell on a ship either. I think most cabins have an HVAC vent in the bathroom to provide airflow even if not an exhaust. Could be an exhaust I suppose... I never thought to check.

Archived