Caribbean Princess Balcony Question?

dmooers

I currently have a temporary hold on Baja751 for back to back cruises beginning April 30th 2005. I'm wondering how this cabin compares to Caribe752/753 or Dolphin 734/735. Has anyone been in any of these cabins or can someone make a recommendation? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

We were in cabin B751 on the 5/1/04 CP. This balcony is quite large, however it has a beam in the middle of it. We didn't find it to be a problem as we put the table and two chairs in front of it and still had room to walk around it. We also had room for two lounge chairs that we kept between the door to the cabin and the beam- again plenty of room to walk around. A couple of times I moved the table and chairs behind the beam and moved the ends of the lounge chairs up to the front of the balcony (one on each side of the beam)

To describe the beam- it is about 3 feet wide and about a half inch thick.

The balcony was totally covered.

We loved this cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat!

dmooers,

I was on the CP on the 6/26 sailing on the Riviera Deck 14. If I were you, I would go with the cabin on the Baja 11 deck if privacy is an issue. The balconies on the Caribe 10 and Dolphin 9 deck are very exposed. I could see down from my balcony onto the balconies on both the Caribe and Dolphin decks. The ones on Aloha and Baha are even with the Riviera and the Lido and afford great privacy.

I had B751 on my upcoming 7/31 Caribbean Princess Cruise, but found out about the beam. I called Princess and they swear it's not there, but pictures and others have confirned it's there. Instead of dealing with it I was able to book the room next to it, B749. If I had to stay there, I am sure it would have been fine, but this is my first cruise and one thing less to worry about wa s the way to go for me.;)

Will be on sept 4 caribbean princess.. balcony on the riveria deck .. forward . had a balcony aloha on golden previously .. what were the ups and downs of the riveria balcony .. It's a BC grade .. sounds like you would move down to aloha or baha ??

Here's what I can tell you based on a conversation I had w/a Princess rep last week. These are all BB cabins.

B750 &751 - 279 ssq. ft partial obstruction from a pole

B748 & B 749 - 268 sq. ft. no obstruction

C752 & C753 - 272 sq. ft no obstruction

the BB cabins on the side of the ship on the Caribe deck are all 271 sq. ft

D735& D 735 - 298 sq. ft. no obstruction

Cabin sizes are all the same - balcony sizes are what vary

The back of the ship is flat, so the balcony privacy issue is not an issue. On the sides of the ship, for example, people on the sides of the Caribe deck can see right onto the balconies of the Dolphin deck. This does not apply to the aft of the ship. Take a look at a picture of the ship and you'll see what I mean.

Needless to say, we booked D735 with its 298 sq. ft for our CP 11/2005 cruise! We had an aft cabin on the Celebrity Century on our last cruise and hte views were gorgeous! Also, much less noise as the only people walking down that far had cabins there. much less traffic!!

Hope this helps!

Terri

valuemkt,

I was on the Riviera Deck on the 6/26 cruise on the Caribbean Princess in R405 midsships. It was a suite. We had a double balcony, but the regular staterooms simply had one-half the size we did. Half of our balcony would have been ample. It is not very deep (from sliding glass door to outer rail) about 4 feet, but runs the width of your cabin. You have total privacy on that deck. You cannot be seen from above (If part of the Lido Deck is above you at that point in the ship) or from below. Only from the sides if a nosey neighbor deliberately stuck their head around the barrier that separates one from the other. Not very likely.

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked in cabin B753 in March 05 ... have seen many posts in reference to a beam on the balcony ... do you know that this is. The cruise line stated that there was no obsturction. I've checked to move rooms (just in case) but no more aft cabins available. Would it be better to book another cabin mid-ship and do without the aft? Help!

Linda

Archived