Soda Card

howard6933

What is really funny, when I lived in Michigan (ages ago) we used to call it...."Soda Pop". Thats right, both together. Now, I prefer to have an IV bag of diet pepsi at my side. Soda card is totally worth it for me since I drink an average of 6 a day and the last cruise I think it was more. I am going on a 9 dayer so its gonna be a wapin $51.75 for me! Seems insane, but I dont want to run to my room everytime I need "IV". Then again, if I am in my room, I have to run to the bar area to get one since they charge me (even with the card) to bring one to the room. I think they should bring it with the meals at no charge since I have the card, but thats another subject!

It seems the world over there are regional differences in what to call fizzy drinks. Where I grew up in Glasgow, every fizzy drink was called Ginger, so you got a bottle of ginger, but it could be Lime or coke, or any other flavour. I then found that in Dundee, every fizzy drink was called Lemonade, and if you really wanted Lemonade you asked for 'plain' Lemonade.

Wierd :)

My DH and I just off the SPIRIT and we paid $46.00 for the soda card 8 day cruise. It's $40.00 plus $6.00 for gratuities. We met some people from the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS and they paid $27.50 for a card for 7 days. I think NCL's is a little high.

Is NCL charging high prices, or was it Princess charging less than the others?

Archived