Victory Vs Triumph

afranco21

I was trying to make the same decision a few months ago. I heard so many wonderful things about Victory from people on this board. Many people have sailed her more than once! That and the sailing date helped me to decide on the Victory.

I have sailed both. Thie difference in age is only 6 months. This is basically the same ship with the same cabins, layout, menus, quality of service, activities and entertainment. The decision comes down to time/dates you can travel and/or a preference for E or W ports.

We sailed on the Trumiph 6/03 & was not impressed. Every hallway had stained carpets & the dining service was very poor. Purser desk was very slow to resolve matters- regarding a $900 charge mistakely was placed on our bill. Many poor attitudes throughout the ship. The ports of call were a blast. WE vote Victory!!!:)

We sailed on the Trumiph 6/03 & was not impressed. Every hallway had stained carpets & the dining service was very poor. Purser desk was very slow to resolve matters- regarding a $900 charge mistakely was placed on our bill. Many poor attitudes throughout the ship. The ports of call were a blast. WE vote Victory!!!:)
I don't know about maintenance, as I never inspected the engines or anything :), but I didn't find it dirty. I don't remember anything noticeably off about the carpets and I enjoyed the dining service, had the most friendly person you could ask for. I did notice vibration from the Paris dining room--probably right over the engines. Since that was my first cruise, I don't know if that's normal or not.

It could be lots has changed--I was there May 04.

Never been on Victory before though--so it still might be better.

Todd

Archived