Star,Sun & Sky comparision

kezza

We've only cruised the Sky and loved the Ship. I was just wondering what we can expect with the Star in comparision. Also would be interested in the comparision with the Sun as well. Who's got a favourite and why?:D

Kerri

My favourite was Pacific Sky! I did like Pacific Sun too. I have never been on Pacific Star.

Pacific Sun was really modern and new but there was just something about Pacific Sky. She was special! :D And really spacious decks.

Of course Pacific Sun is great too. will miss Pacific Sky. :(

My favourite was the Sky too... I loved the open decks and the fact that you could have a lovely walk of a night time around the Promenade deck which was open but covered! I also used to like the Fair Princess.

The Sun & Star are very similar to each other. Both have their positives and their negatives. Overall it's till heaps better than a day at work!!;)

I like to think that a cruise is more about the people you travel with than the ship itself! That being said both ships had more than enough to keep me busy. One point I did notice was that there were always parts on the Sky that I seemed to have missed and would find either on my next holiday or watch on someone's video. I got the feeling that I pretty much saw everything there was on the Star & Sun.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I've done one cruise on each of Sky, Sun & Star (in that order). My favourite was Sky, followed by Star and then Sun.

Star and Sun are very similar - have a very similar layout and facilites, however Star is much more subued and European, whereas Sun is garish and American.

I can't put my finger on what make Pacific Sky my favourite - I think it was the open promenades, and large back deck area and a lot of it was to do with the cruise experience too, especially as the Sky cruise was my first cruise and I didn't have anything to compare it to??

Kym

I've done one cruise on each of Sky, Sun & Star (in that order). My favourite was Sky, followed by Star and then Sun.

Star and Sun are very similar - have a very similar layout and facilites, however Star is much more subued and European, whereas Sun is garish and American.

I can't put my finger on what make Pacific Sky my favourite - I think it was the open promenades, and large back deck area and a lot of it was to do with the cruise experience too, especially as the Sky cruise was my first cruise and I didn't have anything to compare it to??

Kym

I agree, a cruise is better than going to work! A cruise is the best, no matter what ship you are on!

Kym, have the same thoughts, can't quite put a finger on it but there is/was something about the Sky. since we haven't travelled on any other ship I'll be interested in the difference. The Sky was great with their outdoor areas and their open air disco and the Sports Bar was great fun.

Strawberry you said it perfectly. "A cruise is the best, no matter what ship you are on"...

I may have said this before but I'm going to say it again anyway. I was never fortunate enought to travel on the Sky but from what I read on here I get the impression it was very much like the Fairstar. Just the best. But I loved the Sun too and I'm looking forward to the Dawn.

Karen

Kym, have the same thoughts, can't quite put a finger on it but there is/was something about the Sky. since we haven't travelled on any other ship I'll be interested in the difference. The Sky was great with their outdoor areas and their open air disco and the Sports Bar was great fun.

Strawberry you said it perfectly. "A cruise is the best, no matter what ship you are on"...

I wouldn't say no to going on another cruise on Sun, a cruise is definetly a cruise!!

But given two identical cruises, one on Star and one on Sun, I'd choose Star.

Kym

Archived