Destiny Review 8/6/06-8/13/06

treyct

I am expecting this since a lot of people think those rules dont apply to them.

I am hoping to get early off tickets. I was hoping to jsut forget to put my luggage out the night before since we do pack light but now will have to reconsider that.

Did you precheck in for your flights the night before while on the cruise??

How long from the time you arrived at the airport to the time you arrived at your gate>

We didn't precheck in for the flight the night before because we decided to check all of our luggage instead a bringing things on which turned out to be a good idea since they were opening everyones bags and going through them. We strolled on happily with only a book in hand...was much less stress. It took us about 3 hours total at the airport with check in, security, and getting to the gate. Then found out our flight was delayed out of JFk but we figured that would happen. We talked to alot of people and that day it was taking people 3 to 4 hours to get through.

They were offering early off tickets for people with flights before 1pm if I remember correctly. It was very organized, you didn't leave the ship without going through the process of going to the lounge and exiting by rows.

• 4 weeks later...
The most romantic place on the ship is directly on the bow of the ship. just go as far forward on the 6th deck as possible and go through the doors on either side of the deck it will put you on a public deck. !

wanna know why no one goes out there?? no one knows its there. I asked three different crew about the doors to get outside on the front and they told me I was crazy--or sprouted another head. I know there is one there-- you can see it on the deck plans--- its on deck 7 too. Just walk all the way forward-- and dont ask anyone coz they dont know..lol

I just got off the Destiny and there are still A/C problems. Apparantly this is an ongoing problem that isn't being fixed. I was on the 8th deck, cabin 8267. There were quite a few in our group and everyone on our deck was complaining. We all complained every day and all that was done was to send maintenance men up and all they did was look up at the vents. I did everything I could by keeping the drapes drawn, not keeping the balcony door open and I even went as far as to by a fan in St. Thomas. The A/C was not only a problem in the cabins but also in the hallways and at the aft elevator area. I loved the itinerary but I won't be sailing on the Destiny again. This ship is not being maintained very well at all.

I was on the 7/16-7/24 cruise. Yes it was a seven day turned into eight. We had an extra day in Aruba because there was a problem with the air conditioning. Had to fly a part and mechanic to fix it. I heard stories of people sleeping in hallways, lido deck, lobby because there was no air conditioning in their rooms. Our room 8138 was warm but bearable. All of the public areas were warm too. Did not need my shall all week. The food was not up to par. Ship was old looking even after the refurbishing. Had a great time anyway. :D Still waiting (2 months now) to be reimbursed for changing airfare due to the delay. :eek:

Jan: I agree that deck 8 sure was hot... not even near warm. As soon as you got off the elevator you felt the heat. (it was probably cooler outside)

But we were on deck 6 and had no problems--actually our cabin was kinda cool. (I think we stole deck 8's air)

In the begining of the week the lido buffet sure was warm but it cooled off as the week went by---wonder if it had anything to do with the retractable ceiling over the pool back there. Seems once they put it all the way away it got cooler

Archived