Store on Board???

cocopuf

Can anyone tell me if the "store" on board the ship has basically everything, as far as, toiletries and such in case you forget to bring something important? I see some people mentioning makeup and stuff, so they have hair stuff, makeup and things like that?:confused:

Can anyone tell me if the "store" on board the ship has basically everything, as far as, toiletries and such in case you forget to bring something important? I see some people mentioning makeup and stuff, so they have hair stuff, makeup and things like that?:confused:

Of course they do, they have been doing this a long time... may not be exactly your brand but they have the basics.

They do have basic things, But not sure about makeup...I have seen things in there..like otc meds (very basic), femine products (very limited), candies, sunblock, but basically it is cigs, liquior, perfumes, jewelry, clothes, purses, things of that nature.....

and of course in the personal things little more pricey then you would pay at home ( like any other vacation)

Hope this helps, oh yea but some sea sick meds are free at the pursers desk (I am pretty sure)

Tina

make up stuff is sold in the area of the jewlery store. VERY pricy.

make sure you dont forget to pack what ya need.

right guard deodorant was almsot 5 bucks.

(price a cadbury bar-- $6.00 )

If you're looking for basic cosmetics like from WalMart, you won't find that. Cover Girl, etc. - no. ONLY the more expensive brands like at better dept. stores. And they are NOT inexpensive. Other items like basic toiletries - better bring your own. Quite expensive on the ship.

Example: I broke my glasses and went to find super glue. They had one of the tiniest tubes in the "sundries" shop (where cigs are sold), and it was $4! Bottom line - TAKE your own items.

In your cabin will be an amenity basket/bowl full of sample-size items like toothpaste, lotion, conditioner, toothbrush, deodorant, comb, Skittles, Rolaids, etc. (items vary cruise to cruise), but they are only small samples. The shower will have two dispensers - one with a shampoo/conditioner combination, and the other with liquid body wash.

Of course, if you don't like what they have you could always hit the local Walgreens......it may be a bit of a swim, but while you're there you could pick up the newspaper too!:eek: Seriously, if you're flying in the day before take a few minutes to re-check your necessities just in case you need to purchase something BEFORE you board.

Two things the store on the Conquest did NOT carry last November:

1. Anti-gas medication

2. Hair conditioner - although they provide shampoo/conditioner combo in the cabins (but there is not enough conditioner in those for me) or you can buy it from the spa, but it is very pricy

Seems to me that someone who cruised with us had trouble finding hairspray also.

I pack my make-up carryon bag for a week before we leave to go on any trip. If I use something during that week I put it in the bag and keep everything in there till we leave. If I haven't needed it in a week it isn't that crucial to my survival on the ship. This only applies to everyday items though. You might need something extra for formal night for your hair or there are medications that I pack for "just in case" that I might not use during my trial week.

If you're looking for basic cosmetics like from WalMart, you won't find that. Cover Girl, etc. - no. ONLY the more expensive brands like at better dept. stores. And they are NOT inexpensive. Other items like basic toiletries - better bring your own. Quite expensive on the ship.

Example: I broke my glasses and went to find super glue. They had one of the tiniest tubes in the "sundries" shop (where cigs are sold), and it was $4! Bottom line - TAKE your own items.

In your cabin will be an amenity basket/bowl full of sample-size items like toothpaste, lotion, conditioner, toothbrush, deodorant, comb, Skittles, Rolaids, etc. (items vary cruise to cruise), but they are only small samples. The shower will have two dispensers - one with a shampoo/conditioner combination, and the other with liquid body wash.

Just wondering what you thought about the Holiday?? We leave in 4 days and I am tryingt o read everything I can about it. It will be our first cruise. I have heard some bad things about the sail and sign so now we are thinking about doing a cash account.

Just wondering what you thought about the Holiday?? We leave in 4 days and I am tryingt o read everything I can about it. It will be our first cruise. I have heard some bad things about the sail and sign so now we are thinking about doing a cash account.

Please explain what problems you think you might have, what you have heard. Maybe someone can give you more information on the subject.

I've had four wonderful cruises on the Holiday - not one complaint! Obviously, she's my favorite ship. Great crew and staff, best food I've had on any ship! They've changed one of the production shows since I was last on the Holiday, but I've always enjoyed them.

I don't know what you've heard bad about the Sail & Sign accounts....give me an example? I've never encountered any problems at all. I secure my account with my Visa debit card, and have never given it another thought... and have never had to go see the purser at all.

I spent quite a bit of time in the shops doing some souvenir shopping on a few occasions, and didn't ever notice anything along those lines (not that it wasn't there). .

The ships I've been on have had the toiletries and things like that in a tiny area of the duty-free shop where the cigs/liquor are sold.

The other gift shops have had the better perfumes and a small selection of cosmetics, as well as all the souveniers and stuff.;)

Ten bucks says it's the CC hold that has that person concerned.

Truthfully, the S&S card system is excellent and probably the best way to handle on-board purchases. More secure for you because you do not need cash at all times or large quantities of cash and it's simplier because it is sign and go.

The ship staff does not have to worry about lost or stolen cash, employee cash theft, wet money and more.

It is a true cashless system.

They only have a hold for a few days after you return, not months

Archived