Tuxedo Hire & Other Questions

1. Can anyone out there tell me if you can hire Mens evening Suits on Navigator and if so any idea what the charges are?
  2. When back to back East & West Carribean as we are, are the ship's facilities available to passengers when docked in Miami before the start of the second week? Also would we have to check in twice?
  3. Anyone been on this cruise in November? if so can you tell us what the weather was like?
  4. Can anyone tell us what laundry facilities are available on the Navigator?

Sorry about these but our first cruise and we want to be as prepared as we can, so no doubt there will be more before we go. November 4th -18th 2006. VERY EXCITING!!!

1. Can anyone out there tell me if you can hire Mens evening Suits on Navigator and if so any idea what the charges are?
  2. When back to back East & West Carribean as we are, are the ship's facilities available to passengers when docked in Miami before the start of the second week? Also would we have to check in twice?
  3. Anyone been on this cruise in November? if so can you tell us what the weather was like?
  4. Can anyone tell us what laundry facilities are available on the Navigator?

Sorry about these but our first cruise and we want to be as prepared as we can, so no doubt there will be more before we go. November 4th -18th 2006. VERY EXCITING!!!

1) Yes, you can rent a tuxedo onboard. You need your measurments ahead of time and you can call in in before the cruise.

2) Yes, you stay on the ship while docked in Miami...some services will be available, but some will be closed. Eat breakfast and then the restaurants will be closed in preperation for the next group, but you will be able to get lunch around noon, which is when more services will start to open again.

3) sorry, don't know the answer to #3.

4) There are no laundry rooms onboard or irons available. They do have complete laundry services available to you. You send it out to them, and it is returned to you the next day. You can send items out for pressing only for half the price of cleaning fees. You can check out all the cleaning information and a list of prices at rccl.com under frequently asked questions.

You can rent tuxedos for formal night. It is around $99 for the tux and (2) shirts. Other than that I do not remember what other charges there are.

1. When back to back East & West Carribean as we are, are the ship's facilities available to passengers when docked in Miami before the start of the second week? Also would we have to check in twice?

From what I have read, but could be wrong info you will have to get off the ship along with your luggage and re-enter the ship. Your luggage also to comply with federal regulations. But from what I hear the Windjammer will be open.

1. Anyone been on this cruise in November? if so can you tell us what the weather was like?

In January the weather was in the lower to mid eighties.

1. Can anyone tell us what laundry facilities are available on the Navigator?

No washers or dryers but they have laundry service that is not too expensive including dry clean.

I wanted to answer this cause I love new cruisers! You will have so much fun and just remember to hold onto your first cruise memories there will never be another FIRST! Hopefully, someone will answer with more indepth answers! Happy Voyages!:D

When back to back East & West Carribean as we are, are the ship's facilities available to passengers when docked in Miami before the start of the second week? Also would we have to check in twice?

From what I have read, but could be wrong info you will have to get off the ship along with your luggage and re-enter the ship. Your luggage also to comply with federal regulations. But from what I hear the Windjammer will be open.:D

This is actually not true. As per my response above, you can remain on the ship while doing a b2b.

You can rent your tux in advance using http://www.cruiselineformal.com

My husband has rented from them twice. They leave your tux in your cabin when you arrive and you have your cabin steward take it after the formal night(s).

A tip - try on the tux as soon as you can. They did send the wrong size shirt once, but we were able to get a different one from the shop onboard. It's easier to discover the mistake early and get it corrected than to find out as you are dressing for formal night.

Archived