My Ebay dress arrived!

Timtammi

Some of you might remember that I posted about a red dress that I had bought on ebay - my first ebay purchase (it was the one on the red mannequin so it was hard to see the dress).

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that the dress is lovely and fits me fairly well (might need a little taking in under the arms as it gapes a little). I'm really happy with it, especially for the price - $20 + $5 freight!

I've decided its not formal enough for formal night on the QM2 but it will be perfect for an informal (which is more like semi-formal to me) night.

So now I'm on the hunt for a true formal dress appropriate for the QM2. My problem is that I'm short and curvy and I dont like anything frilly or frou-frou nor am I really into the dresses with the big skirts. But anything too fitted I feel makes me look fat. I like drapey, soft dresses the best but somehow most of those don't seem formal enough?

Anyone got any ideas of the types of dresses I should be looking at?

Cheers

Timmi

Sorry about the red dress, I have bought 2 on ebay without much luck. One that just does not fit, I think the seller had it altered or repaired and did not tell, and one that makes me look flat chested, I'm small chested but not that small:eek: . I think if I sew in some cups I should be able to wear it.

I am no fashionista but what about something with ruching. My sister is 5' 1'' and curvy and bought a red halter dress with ruching and she loved it. The other alternative is a two piece outfit. A nice fitted top with a flowing skirt.

I am at the point now, that I will not buy online unless it can be returned!

Happy shopping!

. My problem is that I'm short and curvy and I dont like anything frilly or frou-frou nor am I really into the dresses with the big skirts. But anything too fitted I feel makes me look fat. I like drapey, soft dresses the best but somehow most of those don't seem formal enough?

Anyone got any ideas of the types of dresses I should be looking at?

Cheers

Timmi

Okay, it depends on what you mean by curvy!

If you are like me and your cuves comes from your hips and girls... stay away from ruching on the top!!Ruching can be great at the waist to help minimize, but it NEVER looks good on my upper half becuase it adds size and dimension..... NOT NEEDED!:eek:

I would need more info on your size description:

Short?....How short?

Large/small busted?

Small /MEd/Lg frame?

If you can be a little descriptive w/o getting too personal for your comfort, it would help tons!;)

Do you have a mojor department store, or a bridal store near you? If so and if I were you, I'd go try on dresses, to see what sizes actually fit and what styles look best on your body. Then...go to ebay and see if you can find something that would work for you. You can take some of the guess work out that way.

Sometimes you can be in for a surprise. I've helped my sister shop a few times for formal wear, she always picks out dowdy clothes for herself. I make her try on things out of her comfort zone and she has found some things that look so much better on her. She's a bit on the plus side and would tend to go with something like the loser of this past week (Robert).

We can all tell you what would look best (to us), but you have to wear it.

More details on my shape.

I'm 5 foot 2. I'm about a 8-10 US sizing I think (about 12 Aussie sizing). Big bust (34DD), small back, short torso, fairly small waist, a bit broad in the hips and thighs, legs not nearly long enough. So think hourglass but quite an ample one hehe.

Does that help?

By the way, I'm starting a big diet next week and hope to lose at least 5kg before my cruise but my shape will stay the same, just get a bit smaller (hopefully Ill be able to at least go down to a D cup!).

Cheers

Timmi

Archived