Margaritaville in Grand Cayman

crazycruzer68

I e-mailed them yesterday and was told that it will a Sept?? opening. I ask if it was going to be like the one in Turks and Caicos or like all the regular restaurants. They thought it was going to be like the T & C's, I would think that they would know by now. Anyone else know anything about it?

What is different about the one in Turks and Caicos?

I think the one in T&C has a pool. I can't imagine that the one in GC will. It's right in the port area, and there didn't seem to be a lot of extra space around the place.

There may be other differences, but I don't know what they are. :)

OH how I love reading these boards. I had no idea that there was a new Margaritaville opening in Georgetown. That solves my Ocho Rios problem. I really wanted to visit a Margaritaville this trip and didn't know if the Ocho Rios one was do-able.

Sounds like this one in Georgetown is right by the ship. Anyone know if that is the case for sure?

Sounds like this one in Georgetown is right by the ship. Anyone know if that is the case for sure?

I think the front is going to face the ocean...right in the port area. They were working on it when we were there this past January. I didn't know what it was then, but someone posted that it's the new Margaritaville. :)

Does anyone have an idea about when this new Margaritaville is going to open?

I've read several things that say 'early September' but have not been able to find an exact. We're sailing on the Conquest on 9/3 (3 more days!!) and will be in Cayman on 9/8.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we may get lucky!

Does anyone have an idea about when this new Margaritaville is going to open?

I've read several things that say 'early September' but have not been able to find an exact. We're sailing on the Conquest on 9/3 (3 more days!!) and will be in Cayman on 9/8.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we may get lucky!

I heard on Radio Margaritaville (www.radiomargaritaville.com) that it would open the first week of September. Sorry that is not an exact date for you, but if you will be on GC on 9/8, I would think that it would be open when you are there.

orlando, fl....no pool (in airport)

montego bay, jamaica...no pool (also in airport)

I think you are thinking of a different Margaritaville in Jamaica. I haven't been there yet, but I have done a lot of research for our upcoming cruise. The Margaritaville website says that the one at Montego Bay is "Hailed as the place to party on Montego Bay’s 'Hip Strip' Gloucester Avenue." There is no mention of a pool, but they do mention that "A popular attraction with both adults and children is the 110ft waterslide, which winds its way from the rooftop terrace above into the warm Caribbean below. Two giant water trampolines anchored just offshore and a rooftop whirlpool tub complete the wild and watery fun." I don't think those things would be in the airport. :)

I think you are thinking of a different Margaritaville in Jamaica. I haven't been there yet, but I have done a lot of research for our upcoming cruise. The Margaritaville website says that the one at Montego Bay is "Hailed as the place to party on Montego Bay’s 'Hip Strip' Gloucester Avenue." There is no mention of a pool, but they do mention that "A popular attraction with both adults and children is the 110ft waterslide, which winds its way from the rooftop terrace above into the warm Caribbean below. Two giant water trampolines anchored just offshore and a rooftop whirlpool tub complete the wild and watery fun." I don't think those things would be in the airport. :)

i'm guessing there are two locations then

i pulled this off the website:

What can we do at Margaritaville?spacer.gifMargaritaville has the most fun in the sun for all the family! By day, you can ride our waterslide, relax in our rooftop hot tubs, bounce about on our giant water trampolines or laze on our beach in Ocho Rios. Enjoy our world famous tropical margaritas and a juicy Cheeseburger in Paradise in the restaurant, then shop till you drop in our Trading Post, where you’ll find exclusive Jimmy Buffett Jamaica T shirts, souvenir glasses and other memorabilia. At night, put on your glad rags and dancing shoes and get ready to dance up a storm as the restaurants are transformed into exciting nightclubs, with international DJs and live music.

And isn’t there a Margaritaville at the airport too?spacer.gifAir Margaritaville is located opposite Gate 2 on the departures concourse at Sangster International airport in Montego Bay and is ideal for people on cruises terminating in Montego Bay. Enjoy a tropical margarita as you bid Jamaica a fond farewell. Then shop our Trading Post for a wide selection of Jimmy Buffett merchandise—a great last minute gift for the folks back home!

Archived