Residency Discount

ldm2004

Is the residency discount only available if you book direct with RCCL? Or can you get it if you use a TA as well? I booked my cruise yesterday with a TA - and afterwards noticed that I was eligible for a residency discount - but the TA didn't tell me about it.

Is the residency discount only available if you book direct with RCCL? Or can you get it if you use a TA as well? I booked my cruise yesterday with a TA - and afterwards noticed that I was eligible for a residency discount - but the TA didn't tell me about it.

It does not matter if you booked direct or thru your TA. Residency discounts are offered by the cruise line, tell your TA that you want a refund. Always check your cruise booking with RCL, every Tuesday seems to be the day they make discounts. Go to their website and do a mock booking for your sailing, as the sailing gets closer and if your cabin category is not sold out they will offer the residency discount for different states. Just got one for the Explorer for Bermuda 9/17, RI and NH were the only New England states listed, go figure! Glad I live in Rhode Island saved $650.00

So get on the phone or in person visit to clue him/her into servicing your reservation. Looking for discounts is a key factor for a good TA.

Get on RCCL, click on age & state (fill it in) and then see what the rate for your booking is. Then contact the TA to fix it.

Do i get a residency discount if i live in minnesota and book my own air travel down to florida or san juan...i know that i get a crown and anchor discount for being a diamond member but i have never heard of this before...maybe after 11 cruises with rccl i should come out from under the rock...

Do i get a residency discount if i live in minnesota and book my own air travel down to florida or san juan...i know that i get a crown and anchor discount for being a diamond member but i have never heard of this before...maybe after 11 cruises with rccl i should come out from under the rock...

If the residency discount is available for your state on your cruise, yes, you are eligible to get it. It does not matter how you get to the ship What you need to do is go to RCI's website and go through the steps as if you were booking your cruise. There is a place to check if you are a senior, and what state you live in. These discounts come and go, so keep your eye open for them.

Welcome to the world from under your rock! :D

Archived