looking for the great stores and cafes...

MamaParrotHead

We'll have a few hours to poke around Georgetown after our tour, I was hoping to get the scoop on the neat shops (not looking for anything specific, just nothing real expensive) and places to sit, cool off and have a beer/some appetizers. Anyone care to share your favorite spots? Many thanks! ;)

Our favorite place to eat in George Town was Breezes. You can sit on the balcony and watch everyone walking below (on the street). They have a great menu, plus they have a bar menu...but you have to ask for the bar menu. I've posted their menu here in the last week or so. If you are interested, I'll search for it....

As for shops...well, there are all sorts of things in the port area. You could just wander around the area. Most of the shops are within a two-block area. There is a shop called Pure Art, which was our favorite, but it's about a mile out of town (away from 7MB). They had tons of things...from very expensive...to very inexpensive.

Our favorite shop for Xmas ornaments was next door to Captain Marvin's. It's about a 5 minute walk to the left. I believe the building is the Waterfront Centre (I think it's a yellow building). They had lots of do-dads, shirts...things like that. But they had really pretty shell ornaments. We spent a week there recently, and we found they had the best selection.

Archived