Expectations with Price Change

newmike

Some opinions, please, about whether my expectations were reality-based.

I booked with an online TA for the Fantasy 9/16. Today there was a price reduction. I tried to split a booking for one cabin (5 pax!) into two cabins, expecting to be able to book both at today's rate. What was offered was booking the second cabin at today's rate, but the first would still be charged at the original rate. My logic(?) was that the total for booking two cabins, even at the new rate, would increase the total cost of the booking. Was I delusional?

The story ends well anyway. I did get a two-category upgrade.:)

Some opinions, please, about whether my expectations were reality-based.

I booked with an online TA for the Fantasy 9/16. Today there was a price reduction. I tried to split a booking for one cabin (5 pax!) into two cabins, expecting to be able to book both at today's rate. What was offered was booking the second cabin at today's rate, but the first would still be charged at the original rate. My logic(?) was that the total for booking two cabins, even at the new rate, would increase the total cost of the booking. Was I delusional?

The story ends well anyway. I did get a two-category upgrade.:)

Since you are sailing in less than 4 weeks, you are within the penalty period for the original cabin, and any changes to that cabin could result in a penalty.

Maybe you worded your request incorrectly. I would have asked to have 2 people moved out of the cabin, into a new cabin at today's rate. Then I would have asked for a price reduction for the original cabin, down to what today's rate is.

At least you did get some benefit from the price reduction :)

Archived