looking for the great stores and cafes...

MamaParrotHead

We'll have a few hours to poke around Ocho Rios after our tour, I was hoping to get the scoop on the neat shops, besides Margaritaville, which is a GIVEN (not looking for anything specific, just nothing real expensive) and places to sit, cool off and have a beer/some appetizers. Anyone care to share your favorite spots? Many thanks! ;)

This will be our first time to Jamaica. We've done so many cruises and my favorite Caribbean port by far would be Grand Cayman. Everyone there is really friendly and I was never hassled on the street by any vendors. All of the other ports we have visited over the years have really been nice. My fav other than the Caribbean is Alaska. JUST WONDERFUL!

We're sailing at the end of October and Ocho Rios is our first port of call. We're both seniors so we won't be doing any rafting or climbing of the falls. We'll probably stop at the Island Village to do some shopping and then off to Margaritaville and back to the ship. I love being on the ship when everyone else is in the port. Its so peaceful. Besides, that mostly why we cruise. Its so relaxing.

From what I've been reading Margaritaville is within a 3 minute walk from the ships pier so that should be fun. Its sounds like its much larger than the Margaritaville in Key West.

When are you sailing?

Archived