Anyone scuba dive at Half Moon Caye?

I have only read what others have written, so I'll try to summarize what I think I remember. The dive was fairly shallow and totally guided, so bottom time was determined by the guide. The dive lasted around 40 minutes and you were expected to keep up with the guide.

It didn't sound like I would have been happy with the restrictions of the dive. For a shallow dive, say less than 40 ft, I could easily make a tank last 70 minutes and still have plenty of air left. That and I like to go really, really slowly so having to keep up with a guide would be very frustrating.

Of course, YMMV.

sportsterjohn, I would really like your feedback as well. Looking forward to it.

I was planning on doing the HMC dive on my cruise in Dec, but I would like to know how the sealife and corals are, as well as depth and if it is a shallow dive, must you come back after a certain time or 500psi?

If the dive there is good I would like to take the opportunity to get one more in.

Thanks

Archived