Question about Cameras & Video Cameras? Thank you

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkorchid]Hello,[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]Been reading this boards post and saw the idiot questions post.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]Tried the search but didn't find what I was looking for.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]So here goes on,I guess it's best to start out right I guess. Asking a "idiot" "stupid" question.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]We will be taking our regular camera and video, on our upcoming cruise,but I seem to be the one that has to do the movie camera. [/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]For some reason I seem to miss a lot while looking through a video camera lens.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]What type camera's do you all take and what's your suggestions.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]I have a digital that I use here at home but take a zoom lens cannon for vacation + the small video camera.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]Any suggestion will be gladly accepted.:) [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][color=darkslategray]Hi and welcome to the boards. I have always taken a 35mm, but recently got a digital, so will take it next cruise. [/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray][/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray] I also always take my camcorder. It's so worth having, because I enjoy looking at my videos SO much more than the still photos (although I love them, as well!) BUT, with the video, you're really 'kinda back there', and get all those wonderful sights and sounds that a still camera just can't capture. (Example: At Chankanaab, my photos of the dolphins are fine, but having the video of them actually in motion - fantastic!) Same with any other scenerio, like videoing MX dancers...you get the motion, the music, ahhhhh, so much better than one single photo, y'know?[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]As far as your not being "in" your videos, just hand someone else the camcorder! I'm a solo cruiser, and I don't mind asking anyone else to film me for a second or two - y'know, just to show myself later that "I" was actually on this cruise! :D :D It's no surprise to me that my fellow passengers are always more than willing to do this. [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]Believe me, you will NOT regret taking both cameras! [/color][/b]

I use both my digital camera and digital camcorder... the camcorder has the LCD screen and 10x optical zoom/700x digital zoom which makes getting shots far away alot easier... also, you can flip the screen around so you can video yourself. I am probably taking my foldup tripod on the next one to capture those extra special moments...

[b][color=darkslategray]Good point, Tiger! [/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]OK, what he's talking about is a common problem. A coupla cruises ago, I didn't know about the precautions, and ended up with about 15 minutes TOTAL of my cruise. :mad: [/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]The problem is that the cabin is cold, and if you take the camcorder up on deck, with the great difference in temperature, it could give you a message: Moisture detected, or something like that, and shut down. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]What you do to prevent this: While the camera is in your cabin, wrap it in a towel and put it in it's case. JUST prior to leaving the cabin, take the camera out of it's wrappings and go! Being all cozy in it's wrappings, the camera should adjust gradually. TA DAAA! [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]I followed someone's advice last year, and had no problems.[/color][/b]

I wrap the whole case in a towel. Last cruise I used the mans bathrobe since he wasnt using it. Make sure your case is an insulated case too. I was able to use my camera all the times.

I found a cool website that sells a waterproof camera case. It is [url="http://www.aquapac.net"]www.aquapac.net[/url] I am looking at buying one for my digitial camera instead of buying the underwater disposable cameras. They have some examples of the pictures others took and they look really good. It is a little costly, but in the long run I will be able to use this on futures cruises and when I take my kids to the pool. Plus you can use your camera outside when its raining without damaging your camera. I use a 4 megapixel camera with a 4x optical, Digitial video camcorder, and an Olympus 35 mm.

I will be the touristy looking guy with the Orange AU shirt on. I should be easy to spot if we ever cruise together.

Archived