Question on New Passport Regulations 2007

bruins12

I was curious to hear if any one has cruised recently to Bermuda using only a birth certificate and a drivers license. 1 person in our party doesn't have a passport, and she wanted to squeeze in one more cruise before the new regulations at the end of the year. NCL has told me this is fine until Dec 31, 2006. I am curious to see how difficult immagration was.

I was curious to hear if any one has cruised recently to Bermuda using only a birth certificate and a drivers license. 1 person in our party doesn't have a passport, and she wanted to squeeze in one more cruise before the new regulations at the end of the year. NCL has told me this is fine until Dec 31, 2006. I am curious to see how difficult immagration was.

Straight from the NCL site...

U.S. and Canadian citizens must provide PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP and PROOF OF IDENTITY for boarding NCL cruises returning to the United States from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean valid through 31 December 2006:

PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP consists of one of the following:

Valid or recently expired passport (preferred)

Original or state certified copy of a birth certificate (photocopies are not accepted)

Certificate of Naturalization

Certificate of Citizenship

Report of a Birth Abroad

PROOF OF IDENTITY consists of one of the following (applicable to everyone 16 years of age and older):

Valid driver's license that includes a photograph

Government identification card that includes a photograph and physical description

Archived