Would love to try to answer as many St.Maarten questions as possible...

We are cruising to St. Maarten in January and have done some research on the beaches in St. Maarten and feel that Mullet Bay would be ideal for our group of 4 adults. My hubby would like to possibly do some boogie-boarding and I would like to sit on the beach with a coctail and beautiful view...do you feel that we could fulfill our activity desires on that beach? Also, do they rent beach chairs there and if so, what is the cost per chair?

we will be on the island on 12-7 and we have signed up for a tour of a butterfly farm in LaFerme Aux Papillons and a stop at Marigot for shopping. They are tours that our ship (carribean princess) is offering also we are going on the duck tour after. Any good? Wife loves Butterflys. This will be our first Vacation in almost 5 years so I want to make the most of it. Thanks for all the help.

Hi! we went to orient beach this past january and it was sooooo beautiful!!!we did see totally nude people, and then there was me and my friends who like to be topless...my question is are there any other clothing optional/topless beaches on the island? we will be coming back in jan 2006 on another cruise and want to go to different places for the day maybe? orient beach was so good, we don't want to pass on this sure thing!

- the vendors were all over, but they did have some good deals!-

Sat and read through this entire thread the other day and can't remember now what I've read :o so I hope this inquiry is not redundant! Friends and I have been to St. Martin several times and would like to go over to see Anguilla on our next trip to St. Martin in December. I understand there is a ferry but don't have the particulars. We will be in port on a Sunday and only from 9:20 AM till 6 PM. Where would we get this ferry, does it run on Sundays and do we have the time to do this without getting left behind?

Thanks for any help you can give! :D

Where is snoopy girl?

i am right here. sorry everyone. my computer has been acting weird for a while now so i'm waiting to order a new pc. its been a while since i last posted. for now, i think i'll have to stay away and when i get a new computer, i'll be back on for sure.

hope you all can help each other with the answers to your questions.

sorry about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope you're on line tonight as our cruise destination was changed due to Wilma. Do you know, among your island, St.Thomas and San Juan which one I should book a dive for my 13 y/o newly certified son? I'd like a trustworthy instructor w/ whom he can buddy up, as neither my husband or I are certified. Also, my 11 y/o wants to try water skiing, and I was planning on swimming w/ dolphins or manatees. Thanks for being there! Sherry:(

we are booked on this excursion on our dec 11th cruise with celebrity. do you know if you actually swim with the dolphins or are just in the water with them. Also do you know anything about the wine cellar where you can view the dolphins after the swim?

thanks for any info.

Hi -

I'm not sure if you have already addressed this question, but I will be visiting St. Maarten next April and wanted to take a 3 hour tour of the island in the morning and the reminder of the day I would like to attempt to visit Anguilla. I understand that there is a ferry that goes from St. Maarten to Anguilla, is the ferry reliable, crowded? Is it a hassle to go through customs? Also is there more than one boat company that goes to Anguilla? Once in Anguilla, do you know best way to get to Mead's Bay (taxi, bus)? I will be cruising with RC, so will be in port from about 8-6.

Thanks for posting this thread! I've been getting great information.

:rolleyes: If we did Lord Sheffields Booze Cruise would we have time to see any other sights? The cruise is 11-3:00. We will be in Port on the AOS 7-5.

If I were on this time frame, I would do something pre-Lord Sheffield. Afterwards you could just go downtown if you wanted; something close to the ship so you won't feel stressed about getting back in time.

Have a great cruise!

Hi :-)

I know you posted some great places to eat. But, one quick other question:

I LOVE crepes: Dessert crepes are my favorite!

Well, we're coming to the island and we're going to try and have a nice lunch at a GREAT French restaurant that serves crepes for dessert.

Is there a restaurant there that has those qualifications?

THANK YOU!

My daughter's boyfriend is planning to fly to St. Martin to ask her to marry him. It will be a very big surprise, any helpful hints about the most beautiful place, resturants, fountains, or just your idea would be greatly appreciated..................A happy mom

• 3 months later...

Planning on visiting French Open Market & need suggestions/price range for co-worker souveneirs about $5.USD @.(Many to pick something up for- i.e. bracelets, earrings, ???whatever) Kal had perviouslyadvised there were crafts/jewelry stuff there. Open to suggestions

Archived