Limited time to snorkel in nassau! HELP!

Lpetchen

Hi all... I've been searching online for about 2 hours now and I'm frustrated, so once again i turn to my trusty cruise critic friends! I know Stuart's Cove is supposed to be one of the top recommended snorkeling tour companies in the Bahamas. And the website looks fantastic....

But here's my quandry... our ship, the Valor gets into Nassau at 7:00 a.m. and departs at 2:00 p.m.!!! Not a lot of time. Don't want to shop and don't really want to get caught up in the hoopla about the Atlantis.

I'd really prefer to do something like snorkeling (which I've become addicted to since our last cruise and stop in Grand Cayman). Does anyone have any suggestions for other tour companies that might offer a shorter excursion? I really DO NOT want to do the one sponsored by the ship... too pricey, too crowded, need I go on?

HELP!!!

Hi all... I've been searching online for about 2 hours now and I'm frustrated, so once again i turn to my trusty cruise critic friends! I know Stuart's Cove is supposed to be one of the top recommended snorkeling tour companies in the Bahamas. And the website looks fantastic....

But here's my quandry... our ship, the Valor gets into Nassau at 7:00 a.m. and departs at 2:00 p.m.!!! Not a lot of time. Don't want to shop and don't really want to get caught up in the hoopla about the Atlantis.

I'd really prefer to do something like snorkeling (which I've become addicted to since our last cruise and stop in Grand Cayman). Does anyone have any suggestions for other tour companies that might offer a shorter excursion? I really DO NOT want to do the one sponsored by the ship... too pricey, too crowded, need I go on?

HELP!!!

Check with Flying Cloud, Barefoot Cruises or the Seahorse (Just do a search.. I'm sure theres' plenty of links or go to www.majesticholidays.com

Most do not have short trips, since it takes time to get to the destination and back again.

We just did Blackbeard's Cay stingray / snorkel / beach off Carnival Fantasy. It was a ship's excursion. Only about 40-50 people went. It was from 9 am to noon. Neither the stingray pen or the beach was crowded at all. About 11, people off the Disney Wonder arrived, but it still wasn't crowded. When our shuttle boat came to take us back to Nassau, people got off that were from Carnival Sensation.

I guess how crowded it is depends on the size of the ship, and Valor is a lot larger than Fantasy. But we really enjoyed this excursion!

Suzy

Archived