Christmas Shopping in Nassau

shermar96

DH and I will be in Nassau on 10/21/06 and I would love to do my Christmas Shopping from there - what is the best thing to buy and where is the best place to shop? Also, which beach is most beautiful to visit and just relax on? All info would be appreciated! Thank you!

Kind of tough because there are so many options.

You can find all kinds of purses, beads, t-shirts, beach towels, shot glasses, etc at the Straw Market.

There is a Hard Rock Cafe or Atlantis, with lots of items to purchase, if that appeals to you.

If you are interseted in jewerly, there is lots to select from there. Know your local prices and quality before you purchase though.

There are lots of jewelry shopping options. What ship are you on? RCCL will offer a shopping talk and demonstration, listeing the best places to shop with retailers that are checked out and guarenteed.

The Straw Market is very intresting and you can pick up "designer handbags" here. The Del Sol store is good for kids and teens, items turn colors in the sun. I had planned to stop here to pick up some christmad gifts, however, toddler t-shirts were $25. They have smaller items that would make great stocking stuffers; nail polish, brascelets, hair acessories.....Old Nassau is a decent store for t-shirts, and other Bahamian gifts. If you like rum cakes, do not miss the Tortuga Rum Cake Co. you can get free samples and watch them make the cakes.

Most stores are on Bay Street, you know have to go through a plaza to enter into the city. There is lots of shopping there too.

Perfume, cologne and makeup can be cheaper in Nassau but you need to know your U.S. prices for the same item first. Some stores (like John Bull) have international cosmetic "sets" that are not sold in the U.S. and can be good values because they include multiple items.

Keep in mind that there is no sales tax in the Bahamas so the price you see is the price you pay. That can add to your savings compared to back home, if your state or province has a sales tax.

BobK/Orlando

Archived