ships discretion???

linniee

We leave for our cruise on Sep 17th 2006 pacific sun. I have been reading the forums and am now a little worried about our cabin. When I went to book the TA gave us a quote of $1879, which we were very happy with and then the lady in charge wandered past and told the TA to give us the last minute special which cut out tickets down to $1000 each...needless to say we were very surprised. We questioned her about this and she said that lots of people took this deal and the only catch was that our room was at "ships discretion", we have now recieved our tickets and they do not have a cabin number or berth type on them, they only have grade S...which I see is the bottom of the ship and far forward. Has anyone else had this deal before? are we liable to get terrible rooms? can you upgrade with these types of tickets?

Ships Options isn't a bad thing at all... in fact most S grades get upgraded as their are only six S grade cabins and P&O isn't going to just sell those 6 cabins. They'll oversell the promo and then move people up. Could be an upgrade to Deck 4 midship... could be Deck 7 Aft... Could be an oceanview.

The worst thing that could happen is you get an S Grade... and there is nothing wrong with them. They are just Deck 4 forward!

I don't know if you can upgrade your category or not. You may not be stuck with front forward cabins. All our cruises have been booked on those discount fares and twice we have been in Baha midship (sky deck 6), caribe midship (Star deck 5) and main deck aft (Sun).

Lower deck can be good as the is less movement but the front has a bit more. Don't know about any of those specifically.

Ok, thankyou two so much. I have been sooooo excited about this holiday as I have never been on a cruise.........actually I have never been anywhere so this is extra special for me and I want to have a wonderfull time. I will go back to being excited and think of the room choice as being an adventure. :D

welcome linnilee.

i too wouldnt worry about it.

You have saved so much money and you will still be on the same cruise. You hardly spend any time in the cabin anyway. We too have booked the cheapest cabins and were not on the bottom of the ship.

as this is not school holidays yet you may get lucky and be upgraded

You WILL enjoy your cruise no matter which cabin you get.

hope you hang about here to share your journey

karon

Archived