cleaning snorkeling equipment

Melismass

Can anyone suggest a cleaning solution. I have some equipment that has been in the bag since my last cruise, years ago. It has kind of a white residue on the straps and around the mask. Probably from the salt water and sand.

I was thinking about soaking it in a bucket of water with maybe some vinigar or something. What do you guys use? Thanks!

We have had the same problem from time to time with our masks. I simply washed the skirt and straps of each mask with a dilute solution of baby shampoo and water. This cleaned everything off and is very mild. BTW this is the same soulution we use as an antifogging agent before diving. It works just fine for that as well and is very inexpensive.

We have had the same problem from time to time with our masks. I simply washed the skirt and straps of each mask with a dilute solution of baby shampoo and water. This cleaned everything off and is very mild. BTW this is the same soulution we use as an antifogging agent before diving. It works just fine for that as well and is very inexpensive.

Baby shampoo is ok, but we prefer spit for anti-fogging. Even though it sounds gross, it really works- try it! For washing equipment, we use mild clorox solution with hot water, and rinse very well with fresh water.

Archived