Has anyone ever brought a blender onboard?

Chelsm

Would I be crazy to attepmt this?

No, two weeks ago we brought our magic bullet on the Vision. Just put it in your checked luggage.

No problems with it or the 4 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of Vodka we brought in our checked luggage. We put each bottle in three big zip-lock bags (they did close) and then wrapped them in clothes. (no breakage)

C'mon now . . that might not fly over very well . . .

You're forgetting the Rebel Rules . . . the rules are:

1. You can bring your iron even though you may burn your cabin to a toast (but no problem with the cigarettes . . . smoke as much as you like it's no big deal if I burn my cabin down from smoking in it)

2. Bring the booze to save some cash, but better yet bring the blender to save even more cash, and oh yeah the salt from the margarita can help put out the fire from the iron (what was I thinking)

3. Bring the card table for extra dining space on the balcony and to operate as an ironing board.

4. Feel free to hog as many pool chairs as possible, even though you have no intention on laying in the chair in lets say . . . . . hmm . . . . I don't know . . . the next 4 hours maybe!

5. Be nosy with your tablemates and try to pry as much info as possible because you have NO idea how they could afford to take this cruise. And feel free to blow your nose at the dinner table since some people are accustomed to doing this after eating. Who cares if others think it's disgusting, and would prefer not to hear you clear your sinuses at the table. :mad:

6. Feel free to push, be rude, and obnoxious when it's time to tender at the ports or when the shows are about to start.

7. Allow your brats . . I mean children . . . to act like smalls animals in the wild while you completely ignore them and act as if you are a childless couple.

But you cannot bring a boom box, that might disturb other guest and be a tad bit tacky. :D

Did I miss anything? :confused:

WOW that is way toooo funny! LMAO :)

If I may...I'd like to add just a couple of numbers....

8. Please show up in your wet bathing suit to have lunch in the main dinning room....you won't be turned away and it is such a pleaseure sitting in your wet chair when you are done.

9. Don't pay any attention to the age restricitions at Portifinos or Chops as RCCL will not turn you away as you stand in the doorway and loudly tell the dinning room you don't care about the age limits and your children WILL eat there (I sure hope you were able to get your 4 year old the marshmellow she screamed for for 30 minutes......)

10. Remember, do what you want...you paid for it.

We had two corner afts on the Navigator and we had a few other rooms too because there was a total of 14 of us. We would meet in my friends room every day after our excursions and before dinner for a drink. Margarittas, Pena Coladas...etc. Heck, we had our own sail away party when we pulled out. It was standard practice to go to that room after coming back on the ship after a long day for a cold drink and story time of the days events if we werent together. The blender made it that much more fun to have drinks on our balcony. So, with that, I think we will try and take one every time now.

This too has been entertaining reading. I have another rule - take your underage children/teenagers to the adult only pool and then fight with the RCCL staff when they nicely remind you of the rules.

I was so delighted to actually see someone write "It's my cruise and until the cruise line tells me to stop I will do what I want." It's this respect for the rules that makes America great. <tongue firmly in cheek - tone is SO hard to read these days> The cruise line advises what is appropriate but I guess until they decide to forgo customer service they can't "police" the obvious rule breaking and questionable decisions of their guests. Of course if everyone keeps bringing booze and blenders maybe they can fire a few bartenders. <JOKE>

Seriously, I don't care if you bring the blender but cruisers as a whole need to look at the big picture. If EVERY passenger brought their own booze and EVERY passenger brought their own blender, prices would go up across the board. I do however agree that it is the cruise line's job to enforce their own rules and if profits dip, they will and we will all pay.

Tranquil and GoBlue - thank you for being voices of reason...and wit.

Flame retardant suit at the ready but I reiterate, I'm not intending to "flame" anyone for bringing the kitchen sink on board, I just see it affecting everyone down the road. It's called profit/loss ratio.

Personally, I'll sacrifice a pair of shoes for a bottle of booze any day!

I suppose you didn't "get" it! It's the uptight attitude baggage I'm talking about and that is going both ways on this thread.

It's what makes this board so interesting, all the different opinions. On one thread, you'll have people argue to death regarding the cruise line "enforcing" rules (I imagine Joe Friday and the theme song for Dragnet for this). On the next thread, you will have people defending the "right" to take a full bar setup and host parties (I can only imagine tailgate parties or a weekend camping trip).

For me, either way is too much energy :p . I'll stick a bottle of wine in my suitcase (the horror :eek: ) sometimes, but the rest I could not be bothered with. It's my vacation and I'm gonna pack light and adapt to the service provided, requested attire for the evening, buy wine with dinner, and pretty much allow others to do what is suitable for them.

Unless, of course, the cabin next to us insists on waking me in the middle of the night with their party noise. Then, I will feel free to talk loudly at daybreak outside their cabin and wake them from their stupor. Fair is fair.

My sister once had people living next door (at her home, not on a cruise ship) who insisted on keeping the party going for all hours on Saturday nights. After politely asking them to tone it down several times with no consideration on their part, she began waking at 5 am on Sunday and placing stereo speakers on her fence, blaring religious music into their house. They got the message and I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Guest cvbart
C'mon now . . that might not fly over very well . . .

You're forgetting the Rebel Rules . . . the rules are:

1. You can bring your iron even though you may burn your cabin to a toast (but no problem with the cigarettes . . . smoke as much as you like it's no big deal if I burn my cabin down from smoking in it)

2. Bring the booze to save some cash, but better yet bring the blender to save even more cash, and oh yeah the salt from the margarita can help put out the fire from the iron (what was I thinking)

3. Bring the card table for extra dining space on the balcony and to operate as an ironing board.

4. Feel free to hog as many pool chairs as possible, even though you have no intention on laying in the chair in lets say . . . . . hmm . . . . I don't know . . . the next 4 hours maybe!

5. Be nosy with your tablemates and try to pry as much info as possible because you have NO idea how they could afford to take this cruise. And feel free to blow your nose at the dinner table since some people are accustomed to doing this after eating. Who cares if others think it's disgusting, and would prefer not to hear you clear your sinuses at the table. :mad:

6. Feel free to push, be rude, and obnoxious when it's time to tender at the ports or when the shows are about to start.

7. Allow your brats . . I mean children . . . to act like smalls animals in the wild while you completely ignore them and act as if you are a childless couple.

But you cannot bring a boom box, that might disturb other guest and be a tad bit tacky. :D

Did I miss anything? :confused:

If you really feel the way you do then...why would you ever take a cruise?

Oh right...you only hang with the first class cruises.

If you really feel the way you do then...why would you ever take a cruise?

Oh right...you only hang with the first class cruises.

I was being facetious . . . however, obviously you did not read the entire thread. So trying doing that first, then speaking. Nuff said!

personally I feel like until someone else is paying for MY cruise, then bite me if you don't like it . . . and I will be bring whatever the heck I want. Why should anyone else care . . . I paid just as much as others.

Classic:rolleyes:

Archived