What do you think of this dress?

kwb715

My hubby and I are leaving on the Carnival Miracle (7 days) in about 3 weeks. I still haven't decided what to wear for the formal nights, and I need HELP! I had to buy this dress (see pic) to be a bridesmaid in a wedding, and I hate to never be able to wear it again. Does it look too bridemaidsey (there's a word for you...)? Is it too much for Carnival? My other options are a little black dress made of a satin material and a brown and gold lacy dress.

a1c99ee0-bc6e-42f8-b90b-4c2230ad2daf.736287f3-3986-4591-b026-c80796c4ca5b.normal.jpg

Very pretty dress. Haven't sailed Carnival myself, but have seen pix from people who have (friends, co-workers). In that pretty dress, you'll fit right in, if not be more dressed-up than what I've seen in pix.

Your LBD will be great, too. That's mostly what I saw. LBDs or black dress pants & sparkly tops.

Have a fantastic time. :)

I think it will be perfect.

I've been on Carnival, Princess, and RCL. All are similar in what you will see on formal nights -- from very nice office wear to designer expensive. We like to dress up. I have worn dressy slacks with fancy tops/jackets to floor length formals. My husband loves to wear a tux and owns his own.

The dress is very pretty, it is definitely dressy, and if you feel pretty in it the I say go for it.

Very cute dress, cudos to the bride who picked it

I think for future if you wanted to change the look , you could cut the pink stuff off the bottom and use different color sashes and have different looks. Black would be great or deep berry for holidays

Thanks for all of your opinions. As for what to wear for the other formal night, I think I'll just take both of the other two and see how I feel that day. One is tighter than the other, so it may depend on how much I've eaten that week :o ....

Cute dress, to make it more versatile here are some random thoughts: dye it a darker color, get a funky wide belt and wear low on hips (depending on body shape might work) as is current style. Take off bow and tule and wear with pashmina/organza wrap etc.

I'd not attempt to dye anything that I would possibly want to wear again. Except if it were to be a Halloween costume or something. I think I'd save the experiment for something fun to do.

Archived