Seasport Belize

tootsiescurly

Here is a link to my review of our first trip with SeaSports. We returned in the fall, and had even more fun the second time.

You will find more references with a search of the board.

Have a great dive!

Wendy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=179208

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

I had a great dive trip with them this past January - if I return to Belize City I would definitely try and arrange to dive with them again.

I posted a review of the dives and dive ops in all four of our ports (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya) on this board - if you do a quick search you should be able to find it.

I was going to use SeaSport as well when we head there in Nov, however, I was a bit worried about the time getting from the port to the dive spot and then back to the boat in time. Seems like there are not too many dive ops that want to work with the cruise ships in Belize.

I have booked with the cruise ship in Belize ONLY because I am worried about not making it back the ship... am I just paranoid about this???

We went to their store last trip, very nice. I thought we would dive with them on the next trip. Compared ship to Sea Sports price and not that much difference and one saves a round trip tender to shore by using the ship trip.

I guess if you want to go ashore anyway, use SS; otherwise ship trip.

They quoted us $121 American for a 2 tank dive in May. We were going to use them in April of 2005 but could not find 2 other divers to join us. Ended up diving with the ship - Splendour of the Seas - which was less than satisfying. Ship diving excursions should be avoided at all cost!

Have to say that after diving in Cozumel, Belize was a disappointment. Lots of black coral and unimpressive fish.

We use Alison in Cozumel. Those were 2 of the best dives ever! Plan on using Cayman Dive school in the Caymans.

We used SeaSport Belize a few years back and had a great time. They did get clearance to drop us back at the ship after our diving - not sure if they can do that any more.

On our other cruise where the times were very limited, we did the ship excursion and they used Hugh Parkey's. They were very good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have booked with the cruise ship in Belize ONLY because I am worried about not making it back the ship... am I just paranoid about this???

Yes you are, Linda's crew has been doing this daily for years, and Sea sports is a Prime outfit...all you do is turn left out of the village not right as you would going to hugh parkey's dock...Smaller groups slightly better price and individual attention.

Has anyone given Seasport a deposit and had the dive cancelled because only 2 divers booked? We are debating whether to send a deposit since we only have 2 divers not 4. The last time we tried to book a dive with Seasport from a cruise ship, Linda was not very helpful in assisting us in finding 2 additional divers - she would not let us send a deposit.

Try posting on your roll call - we've found lots of divers that way.

Also check which other ships will be in port with you and try their roll calls.

Good luck! Diving with SeaSports is awesome.

Wendy

Archived