Taxi cost to Rum Point

BKITTY

I will be sailing on the Freedom this Sunday and I'm trying to figure out what to do in Grand Cayman. There are so many things that I WANT to do, I'm just afraid I'll run out of time!!! Can someone tell me the cost of a taxi to Rum Point? From there I would like to do the Turtle Farm...is it very far from Rum Point?

Am I really "missing the boat" if I don't do some snorkeling while there? Most say it's awesome. I was thinking Native Ways Reef/Rays but I'm worried it's either too late to book or I won't get tendered off the ship in time to meet up with them.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks a bunch! :)

A taxi to Rum Point and back will cost more than renting a car for a day. It is not close to the turtle farm. Going to Rum Point on a sting ray tour is the way to go, because it is very close by water. Call Nativeways and ask if it's too late, and if your ship schedule is good for their tour. If your ship is on eastern daylight time, it will be an hour earlier at Grand Cayman, because they stay on eastern standard time year round. That gives you one more hour to get off the ship, but one less hour getting back on the ship.

A taxi to Rum Point and back will cost more than renting a car for a day. It is not close to the turtle farm. Going to Rum Point on a sting ray tour is the way to go, because it is very close by water. Call Nativeways and ask if it's too late, and if your ship schedule is good for their tour. If your ship is on eastern daylight time, it will be an hour earlier at Grand Cayman, because they stay on eastern standard time year round. That gives you one more hour to get off the ship, but one less hour getting back on the ship.

if you get less then one hour to return to the ship isn't that risking that you may miss the ship. I would be afraid to miss the ship.

if you get less then one hour to return to the ship isn't that risking that you may miss the ship. I would be afraid to miss the ship.

P.S this got posted twice for some reason

I didn't write, "less than one hour", but rather, "one less hour." How much time they actually have depends on the time the tour ends relative to the ships departure time. It appears that the ship departs at 5:30 ship time or 4:30 local time. I don't know of any excursions offered that run so late that they would miss a ship departure that late.

Archived