Aft vs. forward?

We just got off Navigator last week. We had 2 rooms, Deck 9 aft (and I do mean AFT!) The last two rooms on port side. We LOVED them. We are going again in March and realized we are deck 6 forward. 6662-6672.

How does forward compare to aft?

Thanks,

Shannon

I have never had an aft cabin. Just off the Adventure in a forward cabin, and we didn't like it! Mainly because the elevator in forward area doesn't take you to the main parts on the other decks. You had to walk toward aft for everything. We have always had midship cabins and will continue midship from here on. The only reason we did the forward, is because it was a B2B cruise and the only cabin available for both weeks, Good Luck

We just got off Navigator last week. We had 2 rooms, Deck 9 aft (and I do mean AFT!) The last two rooms on port side. We LOVED them. We are going again in March and realized we are deck 6 forward. 6662-6672.

Thanks,

Shannon

My wife 2 kids (9 and 10) and I are in stateroom 9358 in October.... hopefully we love that room too... are we going to be ok in one room or should I start to panic???

Mitch

Can't speak for Royal Caribbean ships because our first cruise on RCCL is yet to come. But we were on the Norwegian Dawn earlier this month on the starboard front due to a sweet deal of an upsell to an Owner's Suite.

But my point...I loved being at the very front of the ship. Of course we had a window and front deck, but that had nothing to do with the ride itself. We had 7 ft. seas a couple of days and no problem at all.

My wife 2 kids (9 and 10) and I are in stateroom 9358 in October.... hopefully we love that room too... are we going to be ok in one room or should I start to panic???

Mitch

We really liked having two rooms. Everyone slept really well and it was nice having two bathrooms. We had the last balcony room and the connecting room was actually catagorized as an inside because it didn't have a window. We are going again in March and have two connecting balcony rooms. Not thrilled with that since my kids will be 4 and 6 at the time, but I will just keep their balcony door locked so they can't go out there without one of us.

We would have been pretty cramped in one room I will admit! You will have a great time regardless!

shannon

We ended up with the only triple left on the Explorer, in 9528, which was way to fore for me, yet never felt a thing. And I mean NOTHING!

We never even felt that funny feeling after we got home. It felt like we were docked the whole time. Yet, we could feel the motion when we ate in the Island Grill.

Shannon

were sailing on explorer 9/8, same think, we are way-----back aft

9672 (3rd room to the end).

Hopefully it will be ok, Im a little worried about it.

I do like aft better than forward.

You do get movement but not like the front of the ship.

June

Thanks,

Shannon

Archived