NativeWay - Superb Service

islands4me

We returned on 8/25 on the Enchantment. We had a wonderful trip. We planned an excursion with NativeWay in GC for the ray, reef and Rum Pointe trip. I have a DD who is 4 so we could not book the ship's ray excursion because of age restrictions. That excursion requires an early tender which NativeWay explained and detailed how to schedule with the ship. We did as told and all was well until the early tender departed EARLY and left us and 2 other groups. That problem is another story but word to the wise - meet your early tender at least 10 minutes early! I was extremely agitated as RC would not place us on another tender until their tours were accomodated. We ended up arriving on the pier 1 1/2 hours late. I wasn't sure if we would be able to find a reputable company to take us to stingray city and with 3 kids, I had to be careful. I was so surprised and extremely grateful to see NativeWay on the pier, waiting for us! We missed our tour but Sharon scheduled us for a shorter ray and snorkle trip so we were set. That type of customer service made up for all of the hassle and problems we had w/the tendering on Enchantment (our only complaint of the trip so I won't dwell). We had a great time with the rays and the guides/photographer were great. If you go with NativeWay, they will take care of you!

It sounds like they took you on the one we booked. The one that doesn't go to Rum Point. Did you get dropped off back at the ship or at 7 mile beach? I hope to go to the beach if there is enough time. How many people were on the excursion with your group? Thanks!

We were on the morning trip which returned to the bus around 12:30, I think. There was another group ready to board for the afternoon trip. We had them drop us off at 7MB. They dropped us at a place that served lunch and was on the beach. We stayed right there though it was a bit crowded. You could have walked a little down the beach for a little quieter spot. We had a couple of hours of beach time then grabbed a cab ($4 pp) back to the pier to catch the tender. The closer you get to last tender call, the longer the line so don't wait until the last minute! We had around 20 people on our boat for the rays/snorkle trip. The afternoon trip looked more crowded. I think they can hold up to 40 people on that boat. The snorkle time was pretty short. I would have liked to have stayed longer though I think my little one had enough.

One of the families on the morning excursion planned to go back to the ship for lunch then come back to the beach. That would have been too much tendering time for us w/3 kids! They had 2 older kids.

Archived